TiEcon 2021 Agenda
Day 1 AgendaMay 6
Day 2 AgendaMay 7
Day 3 AgendaMay 8
- 7:45 am – 8:30 am PDT
8:30 am – 8:55 am PDT
- 45 mins Main StageSpeakersChairmanTata TrustsRatan TataChairman
Tata TrustsRatan N. Tata was the Chairman of Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group, from 1991 till his retirement on December 28, 2012. Thereafter, he has been conferred the honorary title of Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, Tata Industries, Tata Motors, Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals.
Mr. Tata was the Chairman of the major Tata companies and during his tenure the group’s revenues grew manifold, totaling over $ 100 billion in 2011-12.
Mr. Tata serves on the international advisory boards of Mitsubishi Corporation, JP Morgan Chase and Rolls-Royce. He is the Chairman of the Tata Trusts which are amongst India's oldest, non-sectarian philanthropic organizations that work in several areas of community development. He is the Chairman of the Council of Management of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and also serves on the board of trustees of Cornell University and the University of Southern California.
Mr. Tata joined the Tata Group in 1962. After serving in various companies, he was appointed Director-in-Charge of the National Radio & Electronics Company Limited in 1971. In 1981 he was named Chairman of Tata Industries, the group’s other holding company, where he was responsible for transforming it into a group strategy think-tank, and a promoter of new ventures in high technology businesses.
Mr. Tata received a B.Arch. degree from Cornell in 1962. He completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School in 1975.
The Government of India honored Mr. Tata with its second-highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan, in 2008.MDInventus Capital PartnersKanwal RekhiMD
Inventus Capital PartnersKanwal was the first Silicon Valley Indo-American Founder & CEO to take a venture-backed company public on the NASDAQ. He then became high profile super-angel while co-founding and leading TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) into the largest global mentoring network for Indian entrepreneurs. Kanwal co-founded Inventus in 2007 to institutionalize his high-conviction early stage approach to help Founders build category defining companies.
Kanwal earned a BSEE from IIT-Bombay and a MSEE and Honorary Doctorates in both Business and Engineering from Michigan Tech.Managing EditorCNBC TV 18Shereen Bhan is an Indian journalist and news anchor. She is the Managing Editor of CNBC-TV18. Shereen Bhan has an experience of 15 years, 14 of which were spent in tracking corporate, policy news and events that defined the business landscape in India.
- 25 minsSpeakersManaging PartnerMayfield FundNavin ChaddhaManaging Partner
Mayfield FundNavin Chaddha is Managing Partner at Mayfield Fund, a top-tier venture capital firm with $2.5 billion under management. His track record of successfully investing in over 50 early-stage companies leading to 17 IPOs and 24 acquisitions, has resulted in his recognition on the Forbes Midas List of Top 100 Investors for twelve years, including as Top 5 in 2020. His investments have created over $60 billion in equity value and over 40,000 jobs. Navin has been involved in some notable IPOs of companies including Poshmark, Lyft, SolarCity, Matrimony.com, Akamai and acquisitions in the last year of CloudGenix by Palo Alto Networks, CloudSimple by Google, Nuvia by Qualcomm, Portworx by Pure Storage, and Volterra by F5 Networks. He is a serial entrepreneur turned venture capitalist who co-founded three successful companies, including VXtreme, a streaming media platform, acquired by Microsoft to become Windows Media. He is an active philanthropist who supports education, diversity, equity, inclusion, and food scarcity groups. He holds an MS degree in electrical engineering from Stanford University and a B. Tech. degree in electrical engineering from IIT Delhi, where he was honored with the distinguished IIT Alumni Award.Senior EditorForbesAlex KonradSenior Editor
ForbesAlex Konrad is a senior editor at Forbes covering venture capital, cloud and enterprise software out of New York. He edits the Midas List, Midas List Europe, Cloud 100 list and 30 Under 30 for VC. Alex has written cover stories profiling business leaders including Marc Benioff, Satya Nadella and Masayoshi Son and recently launched Midas Touch, a weekly newsletter focused on the VC industry. He previously worked at Fortune Magazine and WNYC radio.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 minsSpeakersGeneral Manager, AI & Industry SolutionsGoogle CloudAndrew W. Moore, PhD, is a distinguished computer scientist with expertise in machine learning and robotics. He became the Head of Google Cloud Artificial Intelligence in January 2019. Moore previously worked at Google from 2006 to 2014 and was the founding director of Google’s Pittsburgh engineering office in 2006. He then spent a four-year hiatus at Carnegie Mellon University as the dean of the School of Computer Science.
Andrew’s research interests encompass the field of “big data” — applying statistical methods and mathematical formulas to massive quantities of information, ranging from web searches to astronomy to medical records, in order to identify patterns and extract meaning from that information. His past research has included improving the ability of robots and other automated systems to sense the world around them and respond appropriately.Renu Bhatia (Moderator)VP, Business DevelopmentNVIDIARenu is a transformational leader who has been scaling cutting edge businesses for two decades. She scaled market categories at two leading technology companies, NVIDIA and Marvell. At Marvell, she grew the Data Communication business from $20M to $1B. She was recruited to NVIDIA to build the hyperscale business and to work with NVIDIA’s executive ranks to create a strategic plan and oversee it’s execution. Renu has grown the hyperscale category from inception to a multi-billion dollar revenue generator alongside Cloud Service Provider partners. Known as a market scaler that utilizes her experience in AI/ML, autonomous vehicles, 5G Edge and more, Renu drives powerful solutions for customer problems and Enterprises of the future. She has been awarded the Top 100 Women of Influence Award from Silicon Valley Business and TWIN Award from YWCA. She is passionate about inspiring STEM students and is a BOD member for the Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose and enjoys biking and travelling with her family.
- 02 HoursSpeakersDirector for Data Analytics and AI SolutionsGoogle CloudLak is the Director for Data Analytics and AI Solutions on Google Cloud. His team builds software solutions for business problems using Google Cloud's data analytics and machine learning products. He founded Google's Advanced Solutions Lab ML Immersion program and is the author of three O'Reilly books and several Coursera courses. Before Google, Lak was a Director of Data Science at Climate Corporation and a Research Scientist at NOAA.Sr. Applied AI EngineerGoogle CloudAnu works in Developer Relations for Google Cloud in New York. She advocates for developers building with AI/ML APIs to boost their services and workflows. She previously worked as a software engineer on Android in the California Bay Area. In her free time she likes to perform with her dance group in Manhattan.
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am PDT
9:15 am – 9:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFounder and Principal AnalystConstellation Research, Inc.R “Ray” Wang is the CEO of Silicon Valley based Constellation Research Inc,, He co-hosts DisrupTV, a weekly enterprise tech and leadership webcast that averages 50,000 views per episode and blogs at www.raywang.org. His ground-breaking best selling book on digital transformation, Disrupting Digital Business, was published by Harvard Business Review Press in 2015. Ray's new book about Digital Giants and the future of business titled, Everybody Wants to Rule The World will be released July 2021. Wang is well quoted and frequently interviewed in media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Cheddar, and Bloomberg.
9:30 am – 9:45 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersCo-FounderTractEsther Wojcicki is famous for three things: teaching a high school class that has changed the lives of thousands of kids, inspiring Silicon Valley legends like Steve Jobs, and raising three daughters who have each become famously successful. What do these three accomplishments have in common? They are the result of TRICK, Esther’s secret to raising successful people: Trust, Respect, Independence, Collaboration, and Kindness.
Simple lessons, but the results are radical. Esther Wojcicki is a leading American educator and journalist. Mother of YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, Fulbright scholar Janet Wojcicki, and 23&Me founder Anne Wojcicki, as well as a teacher and mentor to James Franco and Lisa Brennan-Jobs, Esther is widely heralded as the most successful parent and educator in the United States. Esther offers essential lessons for raising, educating, and managing people to their highest potential.
She is the author of Moonshots in Education (2014) and best seller How to Raise Successful People (May, 2019). She is co founder of TRACT.APP (2020) the first "by kids, for kids" platform to empower students by gamifying education using a project based model. She also has a partnership with UC Berkeley Engineering using her pedagogy to teach engineering.
9:45 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersIndependent Writing and Editing ProfessionalSelf EmployedI’m a writer based in the San Francisco Bay Area and my two nonfiction books were published in 2018 (DADDYKINS by Bloomsbury: bit.ly/2AMZDdy ) and 2019 (AN ENGLISH MADE IN INDIA by Aleph Book Company: bit.ly/AEMIIAmz ). To know more about my work, go to bit.ly/2KMpmoW. During my short stay in Singapore I’m writing weekly LETTERS FROM SINGAPORE ( bit.ly/38eCXf0 ).
My writing has appeared in several regional and national magazines in the United States. I was a monthly columnist for India Currents Magazine where I wrote a popular column titled “ON INGLISH”. A feature I wrote for India Currents won me a New America Media prize; some of these columns won the San Francisco Peninsula Press Club prize.
In 2011, I won a first prize—and the attention of an agent—at a competition at Kepler’s Books in Menlo Park for the best one-minute book pitch; it catalyzed some of my book-length writing projects based on India. In fall 2019, my book, DADDYKINS, was used as part of the curriculum in a creative writing course, Uses of Personal Experience, at San Francisco State University: bit.ly/2kesfsu
10:00 am – 10:15 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFounder and CEOLeanTaaSMohan Giridharadas is the founder and CEO of LeanTaaS. LeanTaaS is a 200-person predictive analytics company that uses AI and Machine Learning to help hospitals utilize their assets more effectively by unlocking capacity. Prior to starting LeanTaaS, Mohan was a senior partner at McKinsey & Company. During his 18 year tenure at McKinsey, Mohan ran their global Lean Service Operations. Mohan holds an MBA from Stanford University and an MS in Computer Science from Georgia Tech.
10:15 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFounderHuman FutureDr. Jonathan Reichental is a multiple-award-winning technology and business leader whose career has spanned both the private and public sectors. He’s been a senior software engineering manager, a director of technology innovation, and has served as chief information officer at both O’Reilly Media and the City of Palo Alto, California. Reichental is currently the founder of advisory, investment, and education firm, Human Future, and also creates online education for LinkedIn Learning. He recently published the bestseller, Smart Cities for Dummies.
10:30 am – 10:45 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersLauder Professor Emeritus and Professor of MarketingThe Wharton School of the University of PennsylvaniaJerry (Yoram) Wind joined Wharton in 1967 with a doctorate from Stanford and since 2017 is the Lauder Professor Emeritus and Professor of Marketing. He founded the Wharton Think Tank – The SEI Center for Advanced Studies in Management and ran it for three decades. Among his many innovations at Wharton he led the development of Wharton Executive MBA, the Lauder Institute and Wharton School Publishing. He has edited top marketing journals, published over 300 articles, and 26 books, and received the 4 major marketing awards: Buck Weaver, Parlin, Converse, and AMA/Irwin Distinguished Educator Award. He was inducted to the inaugural group of AMA Fellows. He was one of the original Legends in Marketing, with an 8-volume anthology published by Sage in 2014. He has consulted with over 100 companies, is a member of the executive committee of SEI, sits on the advisory boards of various companies and nonprofit organizations, and testifies in intellectual property cases. He is a trustee of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Curtis Institute of Music and Grounds for Sculpture. He is a co-founder of the first private, non-profit university in Israel, The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. His current research explores marketing-driven business strategy, creativity and innovation; and challenging our mental models. His recent books include Beyond Advertising: Creating Value Through All Customer Touchpoints and The Network Imperative: How to Survive and Grow in the Age of Digital Business Models. He is a 2017 inductee into the Marketing Hall of Fame. He is the Co-founder of the Purple Project for Democracy and of the Reimagine Education global competition and conference.CEOMphasisNitin Rakesh, a distinguished leader in the Technology and Financial Services industries, is CEO of Mphasis, a leading Global Software Services firm. Early in his tenure at Mphasis, Nitin introduced Mphasis’ C=X2C2=1TM formula for success, (hyper-personalization; drive n=1 powered by Cloud & Cognitive); driving multi-dimensions of business value with an integrated consumer-centric Front2BackTM (F2B) Digital Transformation, enabling Business Operations, Technology Transformation and Service Transformation, driven by IP assets. Under Nitin’s leadership, Mphasis set a remarkable growth turnaround, with a record of highest deal wins in the history of the company, re-defining benchmarks. His laser focus on quadra dimensional growth – consistent, profitable, competitive, and responsible, led to enhanced shareholder value. Nitin’s motto to accelerate value creation for customers, shareholders and employees builds a growth-focused culture within the company. Nitin is passionate about Innovation & Technology, and its impact on everyday lives, and works closely with many Fortune 500 companies in advising them on their transformation roadmap with an “Applied Technology” mindset. He was awarded the Gold Stevie for ‘Executive of the Year - Computer Services’, under the Management award category. He won the ‘2019 American Business Awards & International Business Awards – Gold Stevie’ under the ‘Tech Innovator of the Year – Services’ category. He is one of the first 250 CEOs globally across 26 countries who has committed to build an inclusive work environment, end disability inequality through business performance and create social and economic value of people living with disabilities across the world. Nitin is a founding member of Plaksha University in India, a new model of engineering education and research through collective philanthropy to transform higher education in India. He also serves as a founding Trustee of Ashoka University.
10:45 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFreelance JournalistSelf employedMeenakshi Ahamed is a freelance journalist and has written on American foreign policy for publications such as Foreign Policy, The Asian Age, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and Seminar. She was the London correspondent for NDTV from 1989-1996. Meenakshi holds a post-graduate degree from the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, in development economics and public health. She is based in Washington, DC and New York City.
11:00 am – 11:15 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersCo-Founder and CEOTelesenseNaeem Zafar has been teaching at the University of California, Berkeley since 2005. He is a Dean's Teaching Fellow, lecturer and Industry Fellow at the at the Center of Entrepreneurship and Technology. He is also an adjunct professor at the Northeastern University. He teaches courses in Entrepreneurship, Technology Strategy, Innovation and New Venture Finance. Naeem is also a serial entrepreneur and currently the co-founder and CEO of TeleSense, a company creating solution in AgTech space. Naeem has authored five books on entrepreneurship. Information can be found on www.NaeemZafar.com.
11:15 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFounding PartnerStarChain VenturesRadhika is a Leading speaker on blockchain + AI + IoT, personalized medicine, pharma supply chain, enterprise blockchain, blockchain security, privacy & identity management. She is a TEDx Speaker, Silicon Valley Woman of Influence, Keynote Speaker, Author and a Serial Entrepreneur. She is an Advisory Member for California Gov Ops Blockchain Working Group (Healthcare and Digital Identity) and a Board Member at TiE Silicon Valley, the world’s largest entrepreneur-focused organization. She has been invited as a keynote speaker at Stanford, Google, UC Berkeley, UCLA, plus major Silicon Valley, US and global conferences (Digital MedTech (Advamed), HLTH, MWC/MWC Americas), podcasts + radio shows. She has also been invited to speak at IBM Call for Code initiative focused on solutions for victims of natural disasters. She is a Blockchain and Healthcare expert and published articles on blockchain in healthcare + pharma (Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News, RxDataNews, and blockchain publications). She is also a blockchain healthcare advisor to healthcare startups and a blockchain hackathon leader. She spearheaded multiple financial, healthcare, and power inclusion initiatives using blockchain technology in emerging markets and Advised to governments and international accelerators in digital health, AI/ML, big data/predictive analytics, and mobile. She raised $100+ Million for startups through international acceleration programs with EU and LatAm.She is a Multilinguist(9 languages) and has an extensive multicultural experience (Europe, LatAm, Israel, Asia). She is a certified Network Engineer and holds a MBA from Chapman University.Founding PartnerStarChain Ventures
- 15 mins Hall B
- 9:00 am – 2:30 pm PDT
- 05 Hours 30 mins
- 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm PDT
- 03 Hours Cohort 1
- 03 Hours Cohort 2
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am PDT
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
- 01 Hours Cohort 1
- 01 Hours Cohort 2
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am PDT
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm PDT
- 02 Hours Cohort 1
- 02 Hours Cohort 2
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm PDT
- 06 Hours
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Main StageSpeakersCo-Founder & Chief Financial OfficerFisker Inc.Dr. Geeta Gupta-FiskerCo-Founder & Chief Financial Officer
Fisker Inc.Dr Geeta Gupta-Fisker is Co-Founder & Chief Financial Officer of Fisker Inc., founded in 2016, an e-mobility and automotive technology company developing world class sustainable and emotionally designed vehicles. Geeta was crucial in securing and assigning Fisker trademarks and associated goodwill in 2016 to Fisker Inc. Geeta is responsible for finance, purchasing, intellectual property management, and preparing the company for GAAP compliance and public market readiness.
Geeta has 20 years-experience in technology and finance. Prior to co-founding Fisker, Geeta managed Fisker family business and investments, and served as an Investment advisor at the Alfred Mann Foundation. From 2007-2011 Geeta held investment roles at a multibillion family office in London. Geeta joined Lloyds Banking Group in 2004, where she learnt the foundations of debt and equity.
Geeta started her career as an academic at University of Cambridge, UK earning her a PhD in Biotechnology in 2001 and post-doctoral Fellowship at Cambridge in 2004. She obtained her master's degree in Biotechnology from the University of Kent at Canterbury in 1998 and her Bachelor's Degree from University of Delhi in 1996.Managing PartnerStructure CapitalJillian ManusManaging Partner
Structure CapitalJillian Manus is an experienced banking and media executive, a technology investor and entrepreneur. She is Managing Partner of an early stage Silicon Valley venture fund, Structure Capital. Branded "Architects of the Zero Waste Economy" they invest in underutilized assets and excess capacity. Ms. Manus serves on numerous boards including: Stanford University Digital Health board, Stanford University School of Medicine Board of Fellows, Advisory Board of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center Board of Directors, NYU Tisch School of the Arts, and Communities in Schools.
Prior to Structure Capital, Ms. Manus was Founder of Broad Strategy, Manus Media and Global Goal Sports Management. She served as Co- Director of TMT for Credit Suisse Zurich, and Director of Development for Universal and Warner Bros and Associate Publisher of the national publication Upside, reporting on the financial strategies of the technology industry.
As a frequent global public speaker, Ms. Manus provides business and political commentary in the media, primarily on CNBC’s Squawk Alley and Bloomberg Business news. She also co-hosts Spotify's Media’s business podcast “The Pitch."
Ms. Manus attended The University of Oxford & NYU, where she served on the Board of Trustees. Throughout her careers, she has been a strong advocate for inclusion and diversity, frequently speaking on the topic of "Investing in Values, not Just Valuations."
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm PDT
- 30 minsSpeakersPresident and CEONasdaq
Adena Friedman became President and Chief Executive Officer of Nasdaq on January 1, 2017, and is a member of the Board of Directors. She brings more than 20 years of industry leadership and expertise, and is credited with significantly shaping Nasdaq’s transformation into a leading global exchange and technology solutions company with operations across six continents.
Prior to being named CEO, Adena served as President and Chief Operating Officer throughout 2016 and was responsible for overseeing all of the company’s business segments with a focus on driving efficiency, product development, growth and expansion.
She rejoined Nasdaq in 2014, after serving as Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director of The Carlyle Group from March 2011 to June 2014 and playing a critical role in taking the company public in May 2012.
Before Carlyle, Adena was a key member of Nasdaq's management team for over a decade, serving in a variety of roles, including head of the company's data products business, head of corporate strategy and Chief Financial Officer. She played an instrumental role in Nasdaq’s acquisition strategy, overseeing the acquisitions of INET, OMX, and the Philadelphia and Boston Exchanges. She originally joined Nasdaq in 1993 as an intern.
Since December 2018, Adena has served as a Class B director to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. She was elected to the Board of Directors of FCLTGlobal, a non-profit organization that researches tools to encourage long-term investing, in January 2020. Adena began her term as a member of the Vanderbilt University Board of Trust on July 1, 2020.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Williams College in Massachusetts and a Master of Business Administration from Vanderbilt University’s Owen Graduate School of Management.Executive ChairmanTIMEDon CallahanExecutive Chairman
Daniel H. (Don) Callahan is the executive chairman of TIME, where he is leading a comprehensive digital transformation of this iconic media brand. He also serves as executive partner at Bridge Growth Partners. He is acknowledged internationally as a leader in both the financial services and technology industries, Mr. Callahan was the chief administrative officer and global head of operations and technology at Citigroup. He retired from Citigroup in December 2018 and now serves on the boards of Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd., WEX Inc., Kore.ai, and Accedian.
At Citigroup, Mr. Callahan managed a complex set of businesses and services spanning more than 100 countries, a multi-billion dollar operating budget and critical systems infrastructure including the bank’s cyber security initiatives. He most recently led a top- to-bottom transformation of operations and technology, helping move the global bank from a collection of independent and dispersed entities into a lean, fully integrated enterprise. Mr. Callahan also established globally consistent technology standards and governance, and migrated critical functions to an integrated, managed, shared services model. As a result, in 2017, Citi was named by the Gartner Group as the most efficient of all major global banks in generating income per dollar of IT spending.
Prior to joining Citigroup, Mr. Callahan served in senior executive positions at Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse. Earlier in his career, he spent 12 years at IBM, where he held a number of management positions, including director of strategy for IBM Japan.
Don is on the business committee of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and a fellow at the Foreign Policy Association. He is on the boards of Columbia University Teachers College, the American Red Cross of Greater New York, NYU Stern – Andre Koo Tech MBA Advisory Board and The Contentment Foundation. He holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Manhattanville College, where he serves as trustee chair emeritus.
- 01 Hours
- 7:45 am – 8:30 am PDT
8:30 am – 9:00 am PDT
- 45 mins Main StageSpeakersChairman and Chief Executive OfficerGilead Sciences, Inc.Daniel O'DayChairman and Chief Executive Officer
Gilead Sciences, Inc.Daniel O'Day joined Gilead Sciences in March 2019 as Chairman of the board of directors and Chief Executive Officer.
Prior to Gilead, Daniel served as the Chief Executive Officer of Roche Pharmaceuticals. His career at Roche spanned more than three decades, during which he held a number of executive positions in the company's pharmaceutical and diagnostics divisions in North America, Europe and Asia. He served as a member of the Roche's Corporate Executive Committee, as well as on a number of public and private boards, including Genentech, Flatiron Health and Foundation Medicine.
Daniel O'Day holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Georgetown University and an MBA from Columbia University in New York. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America organization.PublisherForbes MagazineAward-winning entrepreneur-turned-publisher, columnist, author, television commentator, private investor and board director, Rich Karlgaard has a unique vantage point on the trends driving the business and economic climates.Karlgaard is the publisher of Forbes magazine and writes a biweekly column, Innovation Rules, known for its witty and honest assessment of current business issues, and serves as a regular panelist on cable news’ most popular business show, Forbes on FOX.
- 30 mins Main StageSpeakersChief Executive Officer and ChairmanPalo Alto NetworksNikesh AroraChief Executive Officer and Chairman
Palo Alto NetworksNikesh Arora joined as chairman and CEO of Palo Alto Networks in June 2018. Before joining Palo Alto Networks, Nikesh served as president and chief operating officer of SoftBank Group Corp. Prior to that, he held a number of positions at Google, Inc. during a 10-year span, including senior vice president and chief business officer, president of global sales operations and business development, and president of Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Prior to joining Google, Nikesh held the role of chief marketing officer for the T-Mobile International Division of Deutsche Telekom AG. He was chief executive officer and founder of T-Motion PLC, which merged with T-Mobile International in 2002.
Nikesh serves on the board of Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A., a public Switzerland-based luxury goods holding company, and Tipping Point, a non-profit organization that fights poverty in the Bay Area. Previously, he served on the boards of SoftBank Group Corp., Sprint Corp., Colgate-Palmolive Inc. and Yahoo! Japan, among others. He holds an M.S. in Business Administration from Northeastern University, an M.S. in finance from Boston College and a B. Tech. in electrical engineering from the Institute of Technology at Banaras Hindu University.Sr. Director of Product ManagementPalo Alto NetworksNeelima RustagiSr. Director of Product Management
Palo Alto NetworksNeelima is an accomplished technology leader with over 18 years of experience building market-leading products in enterprise security technologies. She serves as Sr. Director of Product Management at Palo Alto Networks where she is responsible for the vision, strategy and execution of the market-leading SOAR solution, Cortex XSOAR. Neelima joined Palo Alto Networks through Demisto acquisition in 2019. Neelima has also held product, engineering and customer success leadership roles in the next-gen endpoint security space at Symantec and McAfee. In her spare time, Neelima co-hosts a tech Podcast, ZeroToExit, where leaders share deep insights into how to build great products and companies.Vice President of ProductsPalo Alto NetworksAnkur ShahVice President of Products
Palo Alto NetworksAnkur is an accomplished technology leader with over 20 years of experience building market leading products in security and enterprise technologies. As the Vice President of Products at Palo Alto Networks, he is responsible for driving the vision, strategy and the execution of the market leading public cloud security solution, Prisma Cloud,. He joined Palo Alto Networks through a successful acquisition of RedLock where he headed up the product organization.
Ankur has also held leadership positions in Cybersecurity companies such as CipherCloud, Symantec, Citrix and Cisco. Ankur holds BS in Electrical Engineering and MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management. In his spare time, Ankur runs a Podcast, ZeroToExit, a tech podcast where he invites leaders to share deep insights into how to build great products and companies
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersCEOTricentisKevin Thompson is Tricentis’ Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman of the Board. He joined Tricentis in April 2021. Most recently Kevin served as President and Chief Executive Officer of SolarWinds until his departure from the company at the end of 2020. He previously served as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer from July 2006 to March 2010, and as Chief Operating Officer from July 2007 to March 2010. Prior to joining SolarWinds, Kevin was Chief Financial Officer of Surgient, Inc., a software company, from November 2005 until March 2006 and was Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at SAS Institute, a privately-held business intelligence software company, from August 2004 until November 2005. From October 2000 until August 2004, Kevin served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Red Hat, Inc., a publicly-traded enterprise software company. Kevin holds a B.B.A. from the University of Oklahoma.Board Member and Former CEOTricentisAs the former CEO and Board Member of Tricentis, Sandeep brings over 25 years of enterprise software experience. He manages all business-related functions including business strategy, products, services, sales, marketing, and operations to achieve business profit and sales objectives. Sandeep most recently served as the COO of Appcelerator, the leading open source mobile application development platform. He was Vice President of Strategy and Industry Solutions at HP, where he also served as Vice President of Corporate Development. There, he was instrumental in developing and implementing the growth strategy that resulted in the software business growing 2X market over the last four years. Sandeep was instrumental in the formation of two startups, Determina (VMware) and Bluelane (VMware). He was also the CEO and founder of Oblix (Oracle), and co-founded eBoodle (EW Scripps), one of the first ecommerce comparison shopping services. Sandeep has an MBA from Stanford University, a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering from Wayne State University, Detroit, and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Pune University, India. Sandeep is involved as an advisor and investor in various startups in Silicon Valley and India.Rich Karlgaard (Moderator)PublisherForbes Magazine
Award-winning entrepreneur-turned-publisher, columnist, author, television commentator, private investor and board director, Rich Karlgaard has a unique vantage point on the trends driving the business and economic climates.
Karlgaard is the publisher of Forbes magazine and writes a biweekly column, Innovation Rules, known for its witty and honest assessment of current business issues, and serves as a regular panelist on cable news’ most popular business show, Forbes on FOX.
10:00 am – 10:15 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersBren Professor at Caltech and Director of ML Research at NVIDIANVIDIA & CaltechAnima Anandkumar is a Bren Professor at Caltech and Director of ML Research at NVIDIA. She was previously a Principal Scientist at Amazon Web Services. She has received several honors such as Alfred. P. Sloan Fellowship, NSF Career Award, Young investigator awards from DoD, and Faculty Fellowships from Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Adobe. She is part of the World Economic Forum's Expert Network. She is passionate about designing principled AI algorithms and applying them in interdisciplinary applications. Her research focus is on unsupervised AI, optimization, and tensor methods.CEOOpenCV.orgDr. Satya Mallick is the CEO of OpenCV.org. In 2017, he was named one of the top 30 AI people to follow on Twitter for 2017 by IBM's AI blog. Under Dr. Mallick's leadership, OpenCV has grown beyond a computer vision library to an organization that caters to the computer vision community through educational courses, edge AI hardware, competitions, forum and services. In his role as an educator, Dr. Mallick teaches OpenCV's popular computer vision and deep learning courses. He is also the principal author of LearnOpenCV.com - one of the largest computer vision blogs on the internet. Dr. Mallick is also a co-founder and CEO of OpenCV.ai. As the for-profit arm of OpenCV.org, the company provides consulting and implementation expertise for computer vision, deep learning and machine learning projects. Dr. Mallick received his Ph.D. from the University of California, San Diego.Head of data science and AI at ACSForbes Technology CouncilSteve Nouri is a data science leader who has evolved the way people look at AI and innovations. An author, academic and technical leader by profession, he aims to inspire people through the latest technology trends and projects and empowers prospective data scientists through high-quality education and learning materials. He is a member of the Forbes Technology Council, ICT Professional of the Year Gold Disruptor, and an accomplished influencer on LinkedIn. From humble beginnings as a software engineer and startup founder, he has worked in different IT roles before joining the Australian Computer Society as the Head of Data Science and AI.President and Chief Operating OfficerLeanTaaSSanjeev Agrawal serves as the President and Chief Operating Officer for LeanTaaS. He was Google’s first Head of Product Marketing. Since then, he has led three successful startups – CEO at Aloqa (acquired by Motorola), VP Products & Marketing at TellMe Networks (acquired by Microsoft) and Founder & CEO at Collegefeed (acquired by AfterCollege). Sanjeev graduated Phi Beta Kappa with an EECS degree from MIT and also spent time at McKinsey and Cisco Systems. He is a frequent speaker at HIMSS, EBPOM, Predictive Analytics World and other industry events, and also writes on his personal blog at http://medium.com/@saagrawa. He is an avid squash player and has been named by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the top entrepreneurs innovating in Healthcare.Helen Yu (Moderator)Founder & CEOTigon Advisory Corp.Helen Yu is an author and speaker with expertise in global customer-success and technology. Helen is a consultant to the largest technology companies in the world and is a board advisor to fast growth SaaS companies. Her specialty is driving growth while solving complex challenges. Through a career spanning early stage start-ups to Oracle, Adobe and Marketo, her work has enabled multibillion-dollar revenue growth and record profitability. A highly respected thought leader, she is a top Twitter influencer in AI, Blockchain, IoT, revenue growth, and startups with a weekly reach of more than 10M. Helen is recognized as a thought leader by organizations including IBM, Onalytica and Thinkers360. She speaks regularly at conferences including SXSW, TiECon, DMS, and Money2020.
10:15 am – 10:45 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall ASpeakersFounder and CEOKore.aiRaj is the founder and CEO of Kore.ai. For more than 25 years, Raj has been at the forefront of innovative solutions for global enterprises. Before starting Kore.ai, Raj was the CEO and founder of Kony, a leader in cloud-based mobile app development, and also co-founded ITouchPoint, Seranova, and Intelligroup.
Kore.ai (Orlando, FL) is a market-leading Conversational AI and Digital UX technology partner for Global 2000 companies. Kore provides Conversational AI and Digital UX-rich Virtual Assistants, designed specifically for enterprises, for a diverse range of use cases across industries for engaging customers, employees and partners. Its end-to-end, comprehensive no code Virtual Assistant Platform serves as a secure foundation for enterprises to design, build, test, host and deploy AI-rich virtual assistants across 30+ different Digital and Voice channels.
Kore.ai continues to add solutions for vertical and horizontal use cases addressing both CX and EX such as:• SmartAssist (call center automation/digital deflection);• SearchAssist (modern conversational search engine);• WorkAssist (employee virtual assistant with IT, HR and productivity skills); and• BankAssist (banking VA)• HRAssist (human resources VA)• ITAssist (IT VA)Kore.ai has proven use cases for its technology with over a 100 customers in top verticals such has financial services, insurance, healthcare, CPG, retail, telecom and media. The Company’s customers include four of the top five banks and three top healthcare insurance companies. The Company currently has approximately 425 employees of which 80% are in India.Kore.ai has repeatedly won global analyst acclaim and has been positioned as a Leader in Everest Group’s ‘Intelligent Virtual Agents – Technology Vendor Landscape with Products PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2020’, Gartner Market Guide 2019 for Conversational Platforms, Gartner Market Guide for Virtual Customer Assistants 2019, and IDC Innovators: Conversational AI Software Platforms 2018, among others.Solomon Hailu (Moderator)Vice PresidentMarch CapitalSolomon is a Vice President at March Capital, where he focuses on fintech and enterprise software. Prior to joining March, Solomon was a Principal and an early member of Tusk Venture Partners where he invested in early stage technology companies. Investments Solomon worked on included Lemonade (IPO), Coinbase (IPO), Bird, Sunday and Care/of (acquired by Bayer). Prior to Tusk, Solomon was an M&A Analyst at Lazard where he worked on a variety of advisory assignments in the power and energy space. Solomon received a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia.
10:45 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersExecutive Director and Head of AI Practice & StrategyMorgan StanleyShailesh is Executive Director at Morgan Stanley, heading Wealth Management Technology’s AI, Analytics and Machine Learning teams based across the globe. He is considered thought leader in AI/ML practice area and guiding firm’s AI/ML strategy. In his role he is helping firm to improve sales and digital marketing strategy using big data and machine learning. Help protect firm by using state of art payment and internal fraud detection based on supervised learning and anomalous pattern detections. Shailesh has patent filed in the field of using anomaly detection to detect system outages. He is very passionate with his vision of democratizing AI/ML usage. He helped build Enterprise scale analytic platform that is used by over 500+ Data Analysts and citizen data scientists to find business insight and decision making. He helped build Self Service virtual assistant platform using AI/NLP that is used by over 20k FAs/CSAs of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. Shailesh is a visionary leader with over 25 years of experience leading and managing global data and analytics organization. His areas of expertise include big data platforms, Business Intelligence, predictive analytics, AI and Machine Learning.Managing Director and Global head of AI R&DGoldman SachsVijay leads a team of researchers and engineers building knowledge extraction, representation and reasoning frameworks for the firm. He joined the firm as a vice president in 2017 and was named managing director in 2019. Over his 30 year research career, Vijay has been a member of the Research Staff at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center; member of the Research Staff, district manager and technology consultant at AT&T Research, and distinguished member of the Research Staff as well as chief scientist at the IBM TJ Watson Research Center. Additionally, he has served as chief technology officer and vice president of engineering at two startups. Vijay has also served as a professor of Computer Science at The Pennsylvania State University and an adjunct professor at Columbia University. Vijay has published more than 100 papers and collaborated with more than 100 researchers. He received the 1989 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Doctoral Dissertation Award, and the 2005 Most Influential Object Oriented Programming Systems Languages and Applications (OOPSLA) Paper Award for his work. Vijay earned a BTech in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in 1982. He earned an MS and PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University in 1985 and 1989, respectively.CEOPymetricsFrida Polli is a venture-backed CEO, award-winning neuroscientist at Harvard and MIT, and holds an MBA from Harvard, a PhD from Suffolk and a BA from Dartmouth. She is the co-founder of pymetrics, a company pioneering the use of neuroscience and data science to accurately predict hiring outcomes and remove hiring bias through patented games and algorithms. Frida speaks four languages and lived in five foreign countries before settling in Manhattan with her husband and two daughters.Akshay Sabhikhi (Moderator)CEOCognitive Scale Inc.Shay is responsible for overall company growth and strategic direction. He has more than 18 years of entrepreneurial leadership, product development, and management experience with growth-stage, venture-backed companies, and high-growth software divisions within Fortune 50 companies. Previously, Shay was the global leader for Smarter Care at IBM. He successfully led and managed the acquisition of Curam Software to establish IBM’s leadership at the intersection of Social Programs and Healthcare. He has a BS & MS degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin and an MBA from the Action School of Entrepreneurship. Shay currently serves on the board of the Austin Technology Council (ATC) and previously served as the Vice-Chair of Innovation for the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce.Principal/Partner, National Leader Artificial Intelligence & Head of Data EngineeringKPMGDr. Sreekar Krishna is Principal/Partner in the Digital Technology practice in KPMG US. He specializes in innovation and creative business solution delivery using AI-enabled Digital Transformation, specifically, Big Data Machine Learning and Knowledge from Unstructured Data. Working with KPMG's customers, he has helped to evangelize the transition of various industry partners from a traditional data warehousing to a sophisticated Big Data Analytics driven culture. He focuses on developing successful operating models for Enterprise-scale AI and other associated technologies such as Natural Language Processing, Billion-scale Data Processing, Ranking, Information Retrieval and Simulation.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall ASpeakersNational Director of AI for Health & Life SciencesMicrosoftTom Lawry serves as National Director of AI for Health & Life Sciences at Microsoft and previously served as Director of Worldwide Health. Tom helps clinical and health leaders implement analytical solutions that improve the quality and efficiency of health services delivered around the globe. Prior to Microsoft Tom served as a Senior Director at GE Healthcare and as CEO of an early stage hosted software company. His new book from HIMSS & CRC Press is: Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: A Leader’s Guide to Winning in the New Age of Intelligent Health Systems was a 2020 bestseller.Vice President, Advanced AI at Varian Medical SystemsVarian Medical Systems
Parin has spent the last decade developing AI technologies and analytics infrastructure. He currently leads company wide strategic AI decision making at Varian Medical Systems in his role as Vice President of Advanced AI. In previous roles, he architected and managed a continuous deep reinforcement–learning AI, and closing sales with top tier pharma, to deliver personalized planning for glucose regulation. He also formed strategic partnerships and architected multiple processors and hardware algorithms to build a cluster-level AI and analytics acceleration platform.
Parin was formally educated at UC Berkeley, holds a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics from UC San Diego and is a former Associate Scientist at Stanford. His career spans 24 years at six startups and two public companies in various individual contributor, leadership and executive positions in hardware and systems architecture. He holds over 50 patents which have either been granted or are pending approval.
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersPh.D., Chief Technology Officer & Sr. Vice President of Engineering, Storage Division, ISGDell TechnologiesSudhir Srinivasan is the Chief Technology Officer for the Storage Division at Dell Technologies. In this role, he is responsible for coordinating the technology strategy across the storage product portfolio and driving innovation everywhere. Additionally, he currently leads the engineering teams that build our products in Object Storage, Stream Storage and Dataset Management. Sudhir is a 21+ year veteran of the information infrastructure industry with particular expertise in scalable storage architectures where he has authored many patents. He was a pioneer in scale-out and software-defined storage architectures before they were known as such in the industry. Prior to Dell, Sudhir held leadership roles at start-ups and Fortune 500 companies. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science.Ken Mills (Moderator)CEOEpic IO
Ken serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Epic IO, IntelliSite & Broad Sky Networks. Ken has an early background in nuclear physics and reactor engineering, and over 20 years of business-to-business technology and information security expertise.
Prior to joining IntelliSite, Ken was the General Manager & Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Dell Technologies Safety & Security, IoT, and Computer Vision business unit. During his tenure, he was recognized as one of Dell Technologies top security and public safety experts who were instrumental in establishing and growing Dell Technologies Safety and Security solutions.
Prior to Dell Technologies, Ken was a Fellow at the U.S. Department of State. Earlier in his career, he spent close to eight years building a hyper-growth business for Cisco’s Safety and Security, Access Control, and Emergency Response business unit. Previously, Ken was a Partner in one of the largest contract field sales organizations in the United States and served as a Nuclear Engineer for the United States Navy.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Management from the University of Phoenix and a Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Clemson University. He is a member of the Security Industry Association (SIA) and serves on the Cybersecurity Advisory Committee for the University of South Florida Muma College of Business, an Advisory Board Member for the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security, and a member of the Forbes Technology Council.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersExecutive Vice PresidentMicrosoft AzureAs executive vice president of Microsoft Azure, Jason Zander leads the core teams building Microsoft’s intelligent cloud and intelligent edge – from silicon to cloud to the edge. This purview includes Azure strategy, product management, engineering and operations of cloud product lines including IaaS, PaaS, microservices, networking, storage, IoT, SQL Server, big data and analytics stacks, quantum computing, global expansion and more.
Zander is passionate about empowering customers and delivering end-to-end solutions that address their unique needs. Microsoft Azure has grown under his tenure to become a global leader in enterprise cloud computing, serving more than 95% of the Fortune 500. Zander grew revenue 5x from 2016 to 2018, and grew systems to handle millions of compute cores and exabytes of storage with a global fiber and data center footprint representing billions of dollars of annual capital expenditure.
Since joining Microsoft in 1992 Zander has worked on numerous products, most recently as corporate vice president of engineering for the Visual Studio team where he led the product to over a billion dollars in revenue. He holds a Bachelor of Science in computer science from Minnesota State University, and resides in the Seattle area with his family.
As part of Zander’s commitment to growing and empowering the next generation of technical leadership, he enjoys sponsoring Microsoft’s Early-in-Career and Manager Excellence programming. He also serves as the chief technical advisor of Titletown Tech in Green Bay, Wisconsin, a partnership between the Green Bay Packers and Microsoft to build and fund early-stage high-growth business in the region.
10:00 am – 10:15 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersDirector, Technical EvangelismTraceable AIDan Gordon leads Technical Evangelism at Traceable AI. Dan is passionate about advancing the adoption of modern software development and delivery practices. A previous dev, ops, and then secops, he’s experienced the human toll of doing software the wrong way. Dan has been a product manager and marketer at multiple award winning DevOps tool vendors, including GitLab and Electric Cloud. As a technical evangelist, he's excited to continue teaching organizations about adopting new DevSecOps software practices and tools so they can rapidly and securely develop, deliver, and operate in the ever-evolving IT landscape.Vice President, EngineeringCiscoPrakash has been with Cisco for 3 years. In his current role he leads network cross technology team that develops Platform Independent network protocol and control plane software, workflow/development tools and programmability solutions for all EN/DC/SP infrastructure BUs. Prakash brings a diverse set of experiences, including the development of multiple generations of switches and routers for DC and Enterprise Networks, Converged Infrastructure platforms, and a large-scale Cloud platform and DevOps framework. Prior to joining Cisco, Prakash was an Executive Director at Verizon where he was responsible for developing and deploying Verizon’s Cloud platform hosting various Verizon’s applications including Personal Cloud Storage, and ThingSpace IOT platform. Before that he was the VP of Engineering in Force10 Networks, where he worked from its inception on building and leading the protocol and platform software engineering teams. He joined Dell as part of its acquisition of Force10 and continued to lead the software team in realizing Dell’s converged infrastructure(network/storage/servers) solutions. Prakash lives in Cupertino with his wife and two sons. In his free time, he enjoys doing yoga, reading business/spiritual books, home improvement projects and hiking. Prakash is a big enabler of leaders and teams to chase big dreams. He is passionate about building great teams and products.Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)Atlassian
Adrian Ludwig is the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Atlassian. Adrian joined the company in May 2018 and is responsible for Atlassian's security team and practices. Prior to joining the company, Adrian held a number of leadership positions, including building out the security capabilities at Nest, Macromedia, Adobe, and Android (Google). As a self-described hacker in his early years, Adrian was recruited by the Department of Defense when he was 16. They put him through college and, after graduation, put him to work for several years finding security flaws in cryptographic and computer network systems. He holds an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley, and a B.A. in Mathematics from Williams College.Diana Kelley (Moderator)CTO & Founding PartnerSecurityCurveDiana Kelley’s security career spans over 30 years. She is Co-Founder and CTO of SecurityCurve and donates much of her time to volunteer work in the cybersecurity community, including serving on the ACM Ethics & Plagiarism Committee, as CTO and Board member at Sightline Security, Board member and Inclusion Working Group champion at WiCyS, Cybersecurity Committee Advisor at CompTIA, Advisory Council, Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics, Bridgewater State University, and RSAC US Program Committee. Diana produces the #MyCyberWhy series and is the host of BrightTALK’s The (Security) Balancing Act and co-host of the Your Everyday Cyber podcast. Diana is also a Principal Consulting Analyst at TechVision Research and a member of The Analyst Syndicate. She was the Cybersecurity Field CTO for Microsoft, Global Executive Security Advisor at IBM Security, GM at Symantec, VP at Burton Group (now Gartner), and a Manager at KPMG. She is a sought after keynote speaker, the co-author of the books Practical Cybersecurity Architecture and Cryptographic Libraries for Developers, has been a lecturer at Boston College's Masters program in cybersecurity, the EWF 2020 Executive of the Year, and one of Cybersecurity Ventures 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime.Director, Cloud Security StrategyRed HatKirsten works closely with Red Hat’s many security professionals across the Red Hat portfolio of enterprise-ready open source offerings. Kirsten is a diversified software management professional with 20+ years of experience in security, application development and infrastructure solutions. Prior to joining Red Hat, Kirsten provided strategic direction for Black Duck’s open source security and governance solutions. Kirsten also participates in the Kubernetes Policy work group and Security SIG, and has a personal interest in dancing, reading & hiking.
10:15 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersVice President and Head of PlatformGoogle CloudAmit Zavery is a result-oriented transformational leader with deep technical knowledge and proven business acumen. He is a Vice President and Head of Platform for Google Cloud. At Google he is responsible for defining product strategy, running engineering and building the business application platform business. Previously he was an Executive Vice President and General Manager of Oracle Cloud Platform and Middleware products generating more than $6 billion of Oracle's revenue annually. He led Oracle's product vision, design, development, and go-to-market strategy for cloud platform, middleware, and analytics portfolio and oversaw a global team of more than 4,500 engineers. Amit has a proven track record of designing and delivering market leading products and building organizations by recruiting and retaining world-class talent. He was instrumental in building Oracle's Fusion Middleware product portfolio that scaled from zero to $5B in annual revenue in less than 10 years. He led Oracle's transformation into a cloud platform provider by starting and building Oracle Public Cloud and operating multiple cloud native services that were adopted by thousands of customers. Amit is a regular keynote speaker at industry events and considered a thought leader in enterprise software by customers, press, and analysts. He also has extensive experience in identifying, acquiring and integrating numerous private and public companies. He has a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin and MS in Information Networking from Carnegie Mellon University.R "Ray" Wang (Moderator)Founder and Principal AnalystConstellation Research, Inc.R “Ray” Wang is the CEO of Silicon Valley based Constellation Research Inc,, He co-hosts DisrupTV, a weekly enterprise tech and leadership webcast that averages 50,000 views per episode and blogs at www.raywang.org. His ground-breaking best selling book on digital transformation, Disrupting Digital Business, was published by Harvard Business Review Press in 2015. Ray's new book about Digital Giants and the future of business titled, Everybody Wants to Rule The World will be released July 2021. Wang is well quoted and frequently interviewed in media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, Cheddar, and Bloomberg.
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersCEOAryaka
Matt Carter is the Chief Executive Officer of Aryaka, headquartered in San Mateo, CA. He is leading the long-term market strategy and day-to-day operations, while guiding the company's vision for an increasingly connected world.
Prior to Aryaka, Matt served as President and CEO of Inteliquent Inc, a publicly traded provider of cloud-based networking services for global enterprises, which was successfully acquired by GCTR, a Chicago based PE firm. Matt previously held a series of executive positions with Sprint Corporation including serving as President of the Sprint Enterprise Solutions. He also served as President of Boost Mobile, a leading provider of no contract wireless services.
He serves on the board of directors of JLL and NRG Energy.
Matt earned his master’s degree in general management from the Harvard Business School and his bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University.Quentin Hardy (Moderator)Head of EditorialGoogle Cloud
As the new head of editorial at Google Cloud, Quentin Hardy writes about the technology and impact of cloud computing, both inside Google and for other publications. Starting his career as an international publisher, he had previously worked as Deputy Technology Editor at The New York Times, National Editor at Forbes, and a reporter at The Wall Street Journal, having written about many diverse topics. One of his articles, titled “Hope and Profit in Africa”, received an Overseas Press Club award.
He frequently appears on television and moderates panels at The World Affairs Council and The Computer History Museum. One of his more well-known panels is called “Programming the System of the World: The Industrial Internet of Things”, where they discussed the advances in new technologies and how they will change the world. Not only that, but he also has degrees from Kenyon College, The School of Oriental and African Studies, and Columbia University, where he was awarded a Knight-Begahot Fellowship in 1955.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersCEOLaunchDarklyEdith is CEO & Co-Founder of LaunchDarkly, the leading feature management platform. Edith Harbaugh is CEO & Co-Founder of LaunchDarkly, the leading feature management platform. LaunchDarkly serves over a thousand global customers like IBM, Atlassian, and Intuit. She has more than 15 years of experience in engineering, product, and marketing with both consumer and enterprise startups, including TripIt and Concur. She is co-host of "To Be Continuous," a podcast on software trends. She holds two patents in deployment. Edith earned a B.S. in Engineering from Harvey Mudd College.Chief Customer OfficerPagerDutyAs Chief Customer Officer, Manjula Talreja leads PagerDuty's global customer success group, including customer success, professional services, support, renewals, and PagerDuty University. Her passion is in advising her customers in their digital transformation journey. Manjula brings nearly three decades of IT industry leadership, with extensive experience in general management, business strategy consulting, and operations of large-scale IT systems. Prior to PagerDuty, Manjula was the SVP of Customer Success at Salesforce, where she led teams to deliver world-class customer outcomes across large Enterprise, Commercial and SMB customers. Before Salesforce, she spent over two decades at Cisco in various senior leadership roles. She was named 2020 Top 50 Women in Technology. Manjula continues to give back via her work in the community as board member of the City Year, a non-profit focused on underserved schools and providing young people a chance at a better future. Manjula holds a B.S. in Business and Information Systems from Santa Clara University, as well as a B.S. in Economics from the University of Delhi.General ManagerIBM
Archana is responsible for IBM GTS’ offering strategy, development and management. She leads a global team delivering agile and intelligent technology solutions for public and private sector clients in support of their digital and cloud transformation. She is also part of the core leadership team responsible for defining the mission and growth plan for IBM Global Technology Services and Kyndryl, a planned spin-off recently announced by IBM; which is by far the global leader and innovator in managed infrastructure services.
Previously at IBM, Archana led IBM's Networks Services and Project & Implementation Services globally, securely delivering agile, resilient and intelligent networks for public and private sector clients across the globe in support of their cognitive and cloud transformation.
Prior to joining IBM in January 2018, Archana led next-generation technology initiatives at a variety of organizations from start-ups to major consulting firms to government, including serving as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for Washington, DC.
Through her career, she has championed innovation with a focus on developing flexible, scalable solutions for client and organizational problems.
Archana is the recipient of several honors, including the Washington Business Journal’s C-Suite Award, The Washingtonian Tech Titan Award, StateScoop’s Golden Executive of the Year Award & Top Women in Tech Award, as well as DC’s Top 50 Women in Tech Award.VP, ProductsNetAppPraveena is a Vice President of Products at NetApp. She is responsible for NetApp’s hybrid & multi cloud strategy & building products that are part of NetApp’s data fabric vision. Her deep experience in cloud transformations and building products that operate on enterprise class workloads at scale brings a unique perspective. With over 20 years of leadership at the center of innovating and creating products that operate on a global scale, she prides herself in her ability to connect the dots between technology and the customers who use them. Prior to NetApp, Praveena worked at Oracle as a VP of Cloud Applications & Platform enabling a multi-billion-dollar SaaS business in oracle cloud.Monti Becker Kelly (Moderator)SVP, Customer Engagement & Strategy7.ai
Monti Becker Kelly is Senior Vice President of Customer Engagement and Strategy for 7.ai. She is responsible for the growth strategy of the company’s integrated cloud AI technology which combines contact center expertise and industry leading conversational AI to deliver great customer experiences.
She brings an extensive record of success and is frequently recognized for innovative go-to-market strategies and breakout growth in digital Cx transformation, cloud technology and global BPO market. Prior to joining 7.ai, she has led large multi-billion dollar divisions at several global BPO and digital technology organizations including Teleperformance, Sitel and Concentrix.
She is focused on bringing DE&I to the forefront of business conversations. Monti is a member of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women and has led key initiatives focused on elevating women in leadership in business and technology. She has been published in INC Magazine, Contact Center Weekly, Marketing Daily Times, Credit Union Times, and most recently in O Magazine and Oprah.com. Her story is a part of the Delilah TV series being produced by Oprah Winfrey Network, based in Charlotte NC. She serves as a Lead Mentor and on the Board of Directors for Women Executives for Community Service and on the Diversity & Inclusion Task Force for PACE, Professional Association for Customer Engagement. She is a featured speaker in the Cx industry and on many topics for DE&I.
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersSVPHewlett Packard EnterpriseGreg Adgate (Moderator)VP, Global Partner ProgramsEquinix
- 9:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 01 Hours 30 mins
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 10:05 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersWork FuturistAtlassianBorn to Joy in the harsh Manchester Winter of 77, Dominic has a career that has reached far and wide through Europe, US and Asia PAC. As the resident Work Futurist, Dom is Atlassian’s in-house “Team Doctor” helping them scale by being ruthlessly efficient and effective, and spending over half his time helping their customers navigate transformation, agility, and the future of work. Dom helped pioneer Atlassian’s Team Playbook , and has a deep passion for understanding teamwork and the changes we need to make today to build thriving businesses. He has previously been the GM Program Management for a global gaming company and a Director at Deloitte. A keen traveler, Dom has traversed over 50 countries so far, but after 17 years on these shores, he calls Australia home.
10:05 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 35 mins Hall CSpeakersSenior Vice President and General Manager, End-User ComputingVMWareShankar Iyer is the SVP and GM of End User Computing at VMware Inc. This responsibility includes overall business strategy and performance, product management and marketing, R&D, market positioning, and customer success. Previously, Shankar ran the Desktop business as part of EUC and as the SVP and GM of Desktop products. Prior to VMware, Shankar was the VP of Products and Engineering for Enterprise Mobility at Citrix Systems, where he was instrumental in building the XenMobile business and products from the ground up. Before Citrix, Shankar was at WebEx as VP of Products and Engineering. He was responsible for WebEx's next generation platform and ecosystem and continued that role as part of the Cloud Application Services group at Cisco Systems. Shankar has also held executive management roles at Tibco Software as VP of Products and at GemStone Systems as EVP of Products before its acquisition by VMware. He has an MBA from Santa Clara University, an MS from the Ohio State University, and a B.Tech. from IIT Bombay.EVP, Products and EngineeringRingCentralNat Natarajan serves as the Executive Vice President of Products & Engineering at RingCentral, a global leader in cloud-based business communications, since December 2020. In this role, Nat leads product, engineering, cloud operations, IT, and security teams. Prior to joining RingCentral, Natarajan was most recently Executive Vice President and Chief Product and Technology Officer at Ancestry, where he led product development, engineering, data science, and technology strategy and implementation. He also led the company's digital transformation, increasing the pace of innovation and moving Ancestry's 23+ petabytes of data to the cloud, unlocking Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities to deliver smart, personalised experiences to millions of customers globally. Prior to Ancestry, Natarajan was Senior Vice President, Chief Product, and Technology Officer for Intuit's TurboTax, where he was responsible for product innovation that included driving broad customer adoption of their mobile apps. He was also the company's Chief Information Security and Fraud Officer, where he led the development of the companywide vision and strategy for information security. Before Intuit, Natarajan held multiple senior roles at PayPal, including Vice President of Global Product Development and Vice President of Platform Engineering and Operations. Natarajan is a board member at Alliance Data Systems and a Trustee at Harvey Mudd College, California. Natarajan has a Master of Science degree in industrial engineering from Clemson University and a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University in India.VP of Business ProductsKarandeep is an experienced product leader with a specialization in building Enterprise SaaS, multi-sided marketplaces, developer platforms, monetization & growth hacking. As a VP of Business Products for Facebook, he runs the product and business that is making meaningful connections between people and businesses. Before leading Business Products, he helped build and scale Facebook's Marketplace and Payment ecosystem of over 800M people and businesses. Prior to that, he was responsible for several products and multi-billion dollar businesses at Facebook over the last 4 years, including Facebook’s developer platform, gaming, and mobile app ads. He joined Facebook from Microsoft, where he spent 14 years and helped incubate and build their cloud business, Azure. Outside of work, he helps mentor startups and spends time working with entrepreneurs who are working to bring access to technology in emerging markets and to the next billion people on the planet.Jos Dirkx (Moderator)CEOBeenova.AI
International, award-winning founder, speaker, and author whose work on The Future of Work, Learning, Diversity & Inclusion, and Conscious Leadership has influenced thousands across the world.
World-traveled keynote speaker and Singularity University Faculty member Jos Dirkx is a two-time founder, best-selling author, global D&I expert, and CEO of an Artificial and Emotional Intelligence startup.
Jos Dirkx is CEO and co-founder of Beenova AI which transforms lives through Emotional and Artificial Intelligence, enhancing leadership, personal and conscious development skills. With a diverse team of ten, the startup was featured on Peter Diamandis' Abundance360 and garners global interest given their use of conscious AI for sustainable and scalable 21st-century learning models. Alongside Esther Wojcicki, best-selling author and world-famous mother of three superstar daughters, she most recently co-launched The Trick Method, which takes the globally renowned TRICK methodology to corporates.
Jos has worked with international MNCs: Dell EMC, L'Oreal, PwC, World Economic Forum Women in Leadership, Van Cleef & Arpels, TED, BestJobs, and many others. Her speeches for top executives - from global banks, to advertising agencies, to large corporations - are honest, clear, and engaging. She has worked hand-in-hand with global dignitaries, including UN officials, a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, and Fortune50 CEOs. With experience across the US, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East, Jos builds connections seamlessly to motivate, inspire and move the audience. She has spoken at online conferences, with virtual audiences upto 24,000.
Originally from The Netherlands, Jos was born in Brazil and has lived in thirteen countries - from Bangladesh to Senegal, to Norway, to Canada - having visited 100.
Jos co-founded Girls & Football SA, an award-winning NGO which received a letter from Former First Lady Michelle Obama. She co-launched mGirls, providing health information to over 65,000 girls across South Africa. Jos wrote 2017 Amazon Best-Seller Tackled! With contributions from Siya Kolisi and Fabio Cannavaro, launched in London, Dubai, and Johannesburg and 2018 Best Book Girls Do Good with forewords from Nobel Peace Prize Winner Leymah Gbowee and self-made business mogul Huda Kattan. She has mentored, coached, and trained over 3,000 people in cities as diverse as Luanda, New York, Riyadh, and Amsterdam.
Jos was selected as a 50 Global Heroes Ending Violence Against Children (alongside others like Hilary Clinton and Maria Eitel), a 2019 Woman To Watch, a Women Deliver Young Leader, a Nike Girl Effect Challenge winner, a Microsoft YouthSpark winner, an Ashoka Changemaker, and has spoken at global events from the TEDx Stage, to Glowork in Saudi Arabia, to World Economic Forum: Women in Leadership in Dubai. Her work and research have been awarded and featured in publications worldwide.
Jos finds beauty and power at the intersection of creativity, technology, and education to change our world.
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 25 mins Hall CSpeakersCEOWeWorkSandeep Mathrani is the Chief Executive Officer of WeWork, where he also serves as a member of the Board of Directors. Prior to WeWork, Sandeep most recently served as CEO of Brookfield Properties Retail Group and as Vice Chairman, Brookfield Properties. Prior to that, he served as CEO of GGP Inc. for eight years, during which he oversaw the company's strategic rebranding in 2017 to a retail real estate company, as well as the successful $9.25 billion acquisition of GGP by Brookfield Property Partners in 2018. Sandeep was also part of the group that successfully helped GGP recapitalize and avoid bankruptcy.Prior to joining GGP in 2010, Sandeep was President of Retail for Vornado Realty Trust, where he oversaw the firm's U.S. retail real estate division. Before that, he spent nearly a decade as Executive Vice President at Forest City Ratner. Sandeep serves on the executive board and the board of trustees for the International Council of Shopping Centers, the executive board and 2019 chair of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, as well as on the board of directors for Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc and Dick's Sporting Goods. He also serves on the Miami Herbert Business School Real Estate Advisory Board. Sandeep holds a Master of Engineering, Master of Management Science and Bachelor of Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, New Jersey.Kirthiga Reddy (Moderator)Investing PartnerSoftbank Investment AdvisorsKirthiga Reddy brings over twenty years of experience leading technology-driven transformations to her role as an Investing Partner at SoftBank Investment Advisers (SBIA), manager of the $100B+ Vision Fund. She was Managing Director, Facebook India and South Asia for over six years, starting as their first employee in India. Her subsequent experiences at Facebook focused on emerging and high-growth markets including Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, South Africa and Middle East. She is co-founder of F7 seed fund. She served as Chair, Stanford Business School Management Board. She is a Board Member, Ballet and Beyond NYC. At SBIA, Kirthiga focuses on frontier, enterprise and health tech investments. She serves on the board of directors for Collective Health and WeWork, and is board observer for Pear Therapeutics. She holds an MBA from Stanford University, where she graduated with highest honors as an Arjay Miller Scholar, an M.S. in Computer Engineering from Syracuse University and a B.E. in Computer Science from Marathwada University, India. She has been recognized as Fortune India's "Most Powerful Women" and as Fast Company's "Most Creative People in Business" among other recognitions.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersGlobal Lead, Professional Services, CloudUAmazon Web Services
Scott McKinley is a seasoned executive leading global innovation and corporate entrepreneurship in the education field throughout Asia, Europe, and the USA. He thrives on taking disparate facts, people, markets, and processes and distilling them into differentiated business models that drive sustainable innovation. Several noteworthy examples: Scott co-founded Neumont College of Computer Science (www.neumont.edu), led strategic and corporate engagement for Cisco’s Internet of Things education program, and led Laureate Education’s (the largest owner/operator of private universities) entrance into Asia.
He has lived and worked outside of the US for 20 years across many Asian countries and in Europe. Scott works for Amazon Web Services as the Global Lead for the Professional Services arm of Amazon leading an internal corporate university effort called CloudU. The program is responsible for the technical, consulting, and leadership development skills of the global professional services workforce. Prior to this role, Scott led the AWS Academy, which provides cloud computing curricula and faculty professional development to higher education institutions, preparing students for industry-recognized certifications and in-demand cloud jobs.Founder and CEOEdXDr. Anant Agarwal is the Founder and CEO of edX and Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT. Prof. Anant won the Maurice Wilkes prize for computer architecture, and MIT's Smullin and Jamieson prizes for teaching. He is also the 2016 recipient of the Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Prize for Higher Education, which recognized his work in advancing the MOOC movement. As a CEO of a global nonprofit, Dr. Anant is helping to transform traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location and access. edX is reimagining the possibilities of education, providing the highest-quality, stackable learning experiences including the groundbreaking MicroMasters programs. Additionally, he is a recipient of the Padma Shri award from the President of India and was named the Yidan Prize for Education Development Laureate in 2018.Dr. Stacey Boyle (Moderator)VP of Solution ConsultingEdCastDr. Stacey Boyle, Ph.D., is the VP of Solution Consulting at EdCast. Dr. Stacey has over 25 years in the L&D field as a strategic consultant. Her professional journey includes a decade of working as a learning strategist for clients of the top three eLearning vendors. Dr. Boyle has designed and delivered measurable change initiatives with Fortune 500 companies (e.g., McDonald's, Verizon, BMW, Allergan pharmaceuticals), federal agencies (e.g., Defense Acquisition University, NASA), non-profits (e.g., Greater Twin Cities United Way and CareerEdge), and school districts. Stacey shares some of her best practices in her book "Be More Strategic in Business: How to Win through Stronger Leadership and Smarter Decisions," co-authored with Diana Thomas, former McDonald's CLO.SVP of Engineering and OperationsSAP SuccessFactors
Meg Bear is the SVP of Engineering and Operations for SAP SuccessFactors, responsible for setting the product vision, leading product management, and driving engineering and operations success. Prior to SAP, Meg held strategic executive roles as SVP, Product, and Engineering, at Juvo, SVP of Cloud Services at Imperva, GVP Social Cloud, and VP HCM Development at Oracle, as well as HCM leadership positions at PeopleSoft and Saba. With more than 25 years of experience building and scaling technology platforms, Meg brings a wealth of software development lifecycle, market, and innovation expertise. She is a patent holder, change agent, startup advisor, keynote speaker, and a TEDx host. Meg is passionate about applying technology to solve business problems, building, and growing teams, and defining market-winning product strategies that are customer-centric and innovative. Meg holds a bachelor's of science in economics and entrepreneurship from the University of Arizona.
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersChairmanTCS, North America
In a career spanning more than 35 years, Surya (“Sury”) Kant has made a significant contribution to the growth of the global software industry and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
As Chairman for North America, Sury oversees TCS’ largest market in driving business growth and strengthening customer relationships and helping them in their Business 4.0 digital transformations. Sury is an advocate of STEM education, leading TCS’ comprehensive efforts across North America to provide under-served communities and the next generation of talent with the foundational computer science skills for 21st century careers. He has also spearheaded numerous employee initiatives that have since been adopted as company best practices and recognized through industry awards in the areas of HR (leadership development and diversity) and CSR (education and health). He is affiliated with several academic institutions and a frequent speaker at industry conferences, most notably playing a leading role in the U.S. supporting computer science education and careers.
Sury’s longstanding career at TCS includes establishing the presence of the Indian software industry in Japan in 1987, leading UK operations in the ‘90s while recording substantial growth and visibility for the organization, serving as the Head of Operations in North India until 2005. Most recently Sury was President of North America, UK, and Europe, focused on the continued growth of the company’s global revenues, key customer relationships and technology offerings across TCS’ largest markets.
- 9:00 am – 9:15 am PDT
9:15 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall DSpeakersCorporate Vice President, Commercial Partner / TEDx Speaker.MicrosoftGavriella is the Corporate Vice President of the Microsoft Commercial Partner team leading a global portfolio of channel partners that has influenced over $1 trillion in ecosystem revenues through Microsoft's fastest growing ecosystem. She has over 30 years of leadership in digital and cloud transformation roles, driving strategy and execution spanning all aspects of business model and product development, launch, marketing, sales and partner development. As a builder and change agent, she specializes in building new businesses. Last fall she was awarded the ATHENA global leadership award for her advocacy on behalf of women in IT. She is also a founding sponsor of both the Women in Cloud and Women in Technology Network. She sits on the board of directors for Chinasoft International and the University of Washington Bothell. She most recently gave a TEDx talk on gender equity.
10:00 am – 10:15 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall DSpeakersSenior VP and CIOIntel CorporationArchana (Archie) Deskus is senior vice president and chief information officer (CIO) at Intel Corporation. As Intel’s CIO, her organization capitalizes on information technology to accelerate the company’s significant growth goals across a diverse portfolio of businesses. More than 5,000 IT professionals are protecting Intel’s assets, driving competitive advantage, and providing IT solutions under Deskus’s leadership.VP and CIOMaxim Integrated
Jyothi is Vice President and CIO at Maxim Integrated. In her role as CIO, Jyothi leads a global organization directing strategic IT initiatives to enable business growth and provide a competitive advantage via technology solutions.
She is a seasoned IT leader with over two decades of experience in the transportation, telecom and semiconductor industries. She is an industry solution expert at semiconductor supply chain management and manufacturing solutions.
She earned a Master of Science in Mathematics from the Indian Institute of Technology and a Master of Science in Operations Research from North Carolina State University.
She is a passionate sponsor of women in technology and an advocate for diversity and inclusion in STEM.IT Director, Integrated Marketing and Customer ExperiencesCiscoThought leader focused on Enterprise Marketing solutions and architectures from Demand Generation to Lead Scoring to CRM to Bookings. Inspires an inclusive culture focused on talent development and empowerment for innovation. I build outstanding workplaces and performance driven IT organizations. As an expert in digital marketing solutions, customer centric design, agile methodology, collaboration platforms, university programs, community relations platforms, and diversity programs. Leveraging 23 years of leadership across IT, sales, operations, HR and talent strategy, I utilize my broad experience to drive consensus, operational excellence and clarity while leading rapid execution of technical and talent development programs. I have been recognized by both the Huffington Post and the Wall Street Journal for my innovative approach to millennial assimilation and leading transformational customer experiences. The Cisco Marketing Tech Stack I have led has been recognized by the Markie awards multiple years. I am a motivational leader with the ability to inspire and engage global teams to work smarter and evolve within the workplace or find their passion and provide them the tools to succeed on their own.Senior VP and Chief People, Inclusion and Sustainability OfficerMGM Resorts International
Jyoti Chopra is Senior Vice President and Chief People, Inclusion and Sustainability Officer for MGM Resorts International, based in Las Vegas. She is responsible for leading Human Resources and Social Impact and Sustainability. She oversees environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting and is responsible for directing enterprise-wide human and social capital initiatives and serves as liaison to the Board of Directors’ corporate social responsibility committee. She oversees the MGM Resorts Foundation and community relations.
Ms. Chopra is an award winning talent, diversity, inclusion and sustainability leader. Prior to her role at MGM Resorts, she was Senior Vice President of Global Diversity & Inclusion and HR Operations and Transformation at Pearson Plc., an education technology and UK FTSE 100 company, where she was a member of the senior and human resources leadership teams.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Chopra served as Chief Diversity Officer and Managing Director of Global Citizenship and Sustainability for BNY Mellon as well as the global leader for communications and public relations at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and as a Managing Director at Merrill Lynch & Co.
Ms. Chopra began her career covering human development and issues affecting women and children at the United Nations. She was born and raised in London, England. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Honors degree in Journalism from New York University. She completed the Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. She holds an MBA with distinction from the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
Ms. Chopra is presently a member of the Diversity Advisory Board for Toyota Motor North America and serves as a Diversity and Inclusion Advisor to the Spencer Stuart Global Leadership Team. She is a member of the Board of Directors at Schneider National and serves on the company’s Compensation Committee.Leslie Miley (Moderator)Engineering LeaderLeslie Miley is a Silicon Valley native who has held engineering leadership roles at Slack, Twitter, Apple, and executive roles at Google and The Obama Foundation. He has been featured in USA Today, TechCrunch Disrupt, and Wired's Next List. He advises several startups founded by women and minorities and is an investor in a fund dedicated to diverse entrepreneurs. You can reach him @shaft on Twitter.
10:15 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall DSpeakersAWS Vice President of WWPS Partners and ProgramsAmazon Web ServicesSandy Carter is Vice President, Public Sector Partners and Programs at AWS. In this role, she is responsible for driving next-generation partnering. Her responsibilities include evolving partner models to intensify partner innovation, AWS cloud adoption and creation of mission critical cloud solutions with partners across public sector. She is focused on growing the partner ecosystem as a major driver for public sector and contributing significantly to the success of public sector customers. She previously built an enterprise workload team as the Vice President of Enterprise Workloads at AWS focused on migration and modernization through containers and serverless.
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall DSpeakersGlobal Head of DE&I Advisory ServicesRussell Reynolds AssociatesTina Shah Paikeday leads the firm’s global Diversity & Inclusion advisory services as a senior member of the Leadership & Succession team. Her recent work has included the recruitment of Chief Diversity Officers, the development of inclusive leaders and inclusive culture transformation. She has advised global diversity and inclusion councils and executive leadership teams on the development of operating models for the formation and governance of D&I functions, data informed approaches to developing impactful D&I strategies and recommended action steps and programs to achieve D&I goals. Based in San Francisco, she advises public, private and nonprofit clients around the world.President & Co-FounderAscend
Anna Mok is the President & Co-Founder of Ascend, North America’s membership network of Pan-Asian business professionals and the co-founder of Ascend Pinnacle, North America’s network of Pan-Asian corporate directors. Known as a community builder and connector, Anna has a deep passion for creating economic and educational access and for diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and society. She inspires her team and organizations to make positive sustained societal impacts and is focused on building leaders to do so. She has demonstrated commitments to the development and advancement of emerging leaders, women and minorities into senior executive and corporate board director roles.
Her impact extends beyond the AAPI community with other boards she currently serves on including the 117-year-old Commonwealth Club of California, the nation’s largest and oldest public affairs forum where Anna was the first Chinese female chairman of and at the United Way Bay Area, where she recently served as their first chairperson of Asian descent. Anna is also currently the Nominating & Governance Chair of the Committee of 100 and a Senior Fellow with the American Leadership Forum.
During her distinguished career at Deloitte, she has served in various leadership roles including ones focused on clients and market growth. Anna is a broad-based leader focused on serving prestigious companies headquartered across the globe in the high technology, healthcare, life sciences, fintech and consumer-oriented industries. She is currently the Asia Pacific Leader for the Advisory Practice and a Global Lead Client Services Partner at Deloitte. Anna was the first Chinese American woman admitted to partnership at Deloitte, selected as a member of Deloitte’s Board Council and the CEO Advisory Partner Council.
An immensely curious and creative individual, Anna spends her spare time building public art, pursuing her love of cooking, renovating her Victorian home and exploring nature with her family and friends.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersDeepa Prasad (Moderator)Managing DirectorWestRiver Group
Deepa Prasad is Managing Director at WestRiver Group (WRG) where she leverages her 20 years of investing and operations experience to guide healthcare investments in biotech and digital health / AI.
Deepa’s investments include Design Therapeutics, a gene-targeted platform company and Ginger, 24/7 digital health access for behavioral care and Viome, a gut biome company focused on precision medicine where she serves on the Board.
Her prior experience includes Chief of Staff at Blue Shield, Regional Vice President for Optum, Head of Managed Care at California Hospital Association, VP Financial Strategy and Business Development at Coherus Biosciences and healthcare investment banking and consulting for her first 10 years.
Deepa currently serves on the Committee for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UC Davis awarding grant funding to scientific research and as a Charter Member for TiE, a non-profit global network of entrepreneurs and VCs where she mentors startup companies.Co-Founder and Managing PartnerPrelude Growth Partners
Alicia is a strategic and innovative leader who has driven the growth of leading consumer brands.
Prior to founding Prelude Growth Partners, Alicia was Global President of Beauty at Johnson & Johnson, leading a multi-billion dollar portfolio of 10+ iconic global brands. Prior to that, she was an executive at Estee Lauder for 11 years, including leadership roles at Bobbi Brown and Clinique. Alicia began her career at McKinsey & Company where she spent 5 years serving consumer clients. Alicia is a summa cum laude graduate of The Wharton School and she earned her MBA from Harvard Business School.Founder and Managing PartnerHealthQuest Capital
Garheng founded HealthQuest Capital in 2012 to improve people’s lives through improving healthcare on a significant scale. His vision was to build a best-in-class team of the highest talent and integrity to work with outstanding entrepreneurs to transform healthcare through high growth companies while generating outsized risk adjusted returns for investors.
A physician, scientist, and engineer by training, Garheng has over two decades of experience investing in innovative healthcare companies with a long list of successes (25 IPO/M&A exits). He has represented HealthQuest on the boards of Ajax I, Ajax II, Ajax III, Alcresta, Avedro, Avizia, BardyDx, Castle Biosciences, CleanSlate, Etairos, ENT Specialty Partners, Everlywell, HealthChannels, Magnolia Medical, Perspectum, Pulmonx, Spirox, TigerConnect, Trice Medical, Venus Concept, and CareMetx/VirMedica.
Some of his notable past successes include IPO’s with Avedro (AVDR), Castle Biosciences (CSTL), Cempra (CEMP), Alimera (ALIM), Applied Genetic Technology Corp. (AGTC), AmWell (AMWL), Proteon (PRTO), Pulmonx (LUNG), Histogenics (HSGX), TransEnterix (TRXC) and Venus Concept (VERO). His investments going on to successful M&A transactions include: Ajax I (Medtronic), Avedro (Glaukos), Avizia (AmWell), Calibra Medical (J&J), Cellective (AstraZeneca), Serenex (Pfizer), Athenix (Bayer), NovaMin (GSK), Aldagen (Cytomedix), Salveo Specialty Pharmacy (United Health), SARCode (Shire), Spirox (Stryker), and Virmedica (CareMetx).
Garheng’s interests and industry footprint are broad as he also serves on boards of LabCorp (LH), Alimera Sciences (ALIM), StrongBridge (SBBP), Be The Match, Duke University Medical Center, and has served as Chairman on nine boards. He is an Aspen Institute Health Innovators Fellow, Kauffman Fellows Mentor, and member of YPO.
Garheng received undergraduate degrees in both Chemical Engineering and Biological Sciences from Stanford, while on an athletic scholarship. He then earned a MD, PhD and MBA from Duke University, graduating at the top of his class in each instance. His early career included stints at GlaxoSmithKline, McKinsey and a medical device start-up, TherOx, before joining Intersouth Partners and then Sofinnova Investments. He is married to his physician wife (a board certified cardiac electrophysiologist), has 3 children, and was a nationally ranked volleyball player (and avid “foodie”).Founder and Managing PartnerAdvance Venture Partners
David ibnAle is a Founding and Managing Partner of Advance Venture Partners. He has over twenty years of experience as an investor in small and mid-sized growth companies in the technology, media and communications sectors. Prior to co-founding AVP, Mr. ibnAle was a Managing Director of TPG Growth, the growth equity and middle-market investment platform of TPG, where he led the firm’s global technology investing effort. Prior to joining TPG Growth, he was a Partner at Francisco Partners, and he began his investing career at Summit Partners. Mr. ibnAle is a member of the Board of Directors of publicly held UCT Holdings (Nasdaq: UCTT).
Mr. ibnAle received an AB in Public Policy and an AM in International Development Policy from Stanford University and received an MBA from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersDenise Evans (Moderator)Vice President, Diverse Partner DevelopmentIBM CorporationProven marketing and sales executive with track record of achievement in the Information Technology industry. Blend of strategic thinking balanced with extensive executive and line management experience in both the U.S. and globally. Specialties: Marketing strategy & planning, marketing/brand management, e-relationship marketing/.com, channel enablement, program management, Customer Loyalty, business process reengineering, organizational development, transformational leadership, market development, cultural intelligence, sales and with all size clients in multiple industries.SVP and CIOHewlett Packard EnterpriseRashmi Kumar, SVP/CIO with HPE is a seasoned technology leader with experience in IT Leadership, healthcare, consulting services, electric utilities, financial services, technology, Media & Entertainment and steel industries. Her primary areas of focus include Digital Transformation, AI/ML, Data & Analytics, strategic planning, and large-scale business transformations. She has served as CIO and CTO for many Fortune 50 companies like, McKesson, Southern California Edison, Toyota, HPE, and Tata Steel. Rashmi Kumar is also in Board of Director for Myriad Genetics, and member of Audit Committee, and Nomination and Governance committee. Rashmi Kumar earned a bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Bihar Institute of Technology in Sindri, India, and an MBA from UC, Irvine. She is very passionate about the topic of equality, and an active mentor for young resources across the industry.Chief Market and Product OfficerHelpshift, Gamer for LifeI first came across this quote in one of the first corporate emails I’d received as an intern: “Vision without execution is hallucination.” - Albert Einstein That was >20 years ago. It resonated with me then and it resonates with me now. Business is my first love, but I’m a closet techie! Throughout my career, I’ve worn many hats (and shoes), from web and app developer, to database designer, to marketer, to product leader, to general manager. While on that journey, I’ve had both successes and valuable failures, but two core values continue to define me—don’t forget where you came from and excuses are for wusses. Who am I? I am an achiever, a learner, and a fighter. My purpose and mission is to help others reach excellence and to make every day worth winning. For those who are looking to rise above or beat the odds, I am your fighter and trainer who can energize, motivate, and give teams the courage and techniques to win. Words I live by: "Live as if you will die tomorrow. Learn as if you will live forever."--Mahatma Gandhi I was born and raised on the banks of the Mekong Delta and escaped Vietnam as a young child after the war. I’ve also beat some medical odds that professionals didn’t think was possible. I’m here today amidst the brightest minds in the world, helping to change lives through technology, with two healthy and thriving daughters who believe they are unstoppable. What’s my take-away? Creating magic and defying the odds only happens when a great vision is equally met with action that gets executed with real heart and soul. Corporate stuff here: I'm a marketing athlete and product leader with 20+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, and general management in tech domains spanning enterprise networking, cybersecurity, data & analytics, app integration platforms, video, NW infrastructure, and collaboration. I'm a GTM strategist in the Enterprise & Mid-Market, with successes in new/adjacent market entry and global market expansion. I challenge status quo, get the right things done, and can assemble and grow winning teams.Co-Founder & CEOWAKEI believe deeply in the power of connecting activists around the world, linking resources, brainpower and technology to create sustainable, socially just and productive communities. Together we can change the world. Over the past 20 years, I have worked across the public and private sectors, focused on international education, social entrepreneurship, leadership development, women's empowerment and technology. I have had the honor of working with innovative organizations and individuals in Africa, India, Latin America and the Middle East. I excel at conceptualizing programs and building effective, diverse partnerships to launch and support those programs. I've built strong global partnerships with multinational organizations (World Bank, UNDP, USAID), US State Department, and a range of companies, particularly tech companies in Silicon Valley and their global offices. I excel at grant writing and fundraising, and greatly enjoy creating, inspiring and leading teams and establishing alliances with diverse partners working to advance social justice.Director of Unified Communications & Collaboration and PRIDEVMWareA momentum-building leader focused on transformational programs in the software and high-tech industries. Bryan encourages and enable others to tackle tough challenges thought to be impossible, while providing a platform for emerging leaders to rise up and shine. Fostering innovation and disruption, Bryan leverages technology to accelerate achievement of business and social outcomes. Every day Bryan seeks to incubate and work with like-minded champions to increase equality for all at VMware and beyond.
- 9:00 am – 9:45 am PDT
9:50 am – 10:35 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall ESpeakersGlobal Chief Data OfficerIBM
Inderpal Bhandari rejoined IBM as Global Chief Data Officer in December 2015. In this newly created role, he has leveraged his extensive experience to lead the development of IBM’s data strategy and drive IBM’s internal cognitive enterprise transformation. The work has culminated in the Cognitive Enterprise Blueprint; a roadmap for IBM’s clients on their own journeys to cognition.
Inderpal brings to IBM more than 20 years of experience in leadership roles at such leading companies as Cambia Health Solutions and Express Scripts/Medco Health Solutions.
Prior to joining IBM, Inderpal served as Senior Vice President and Chief Data Officer of Cambia Health Solutions where he led the development of Cambia’s data strategy and drove the transformation of the company’s consumer experience strategies. Prior to that, Inderpal served as Vice President of knowledge solutions and Chief Data Officer at Express Scripts/Medco Health Solutions, where he was responsible for maximizing the utility of the company’s data and its readiness to respond to emerging market trends. Before that, he founded Virtual Gold, growing the company into an international market leader for analytics in call centers and professional sports.
Inderpal is an expert in transforming data into business value and improved customer experiences by delivering strategic, innovative capabilities that use analytic insights to enable growth and productivity. In 2017, he was named U.S. Chief Data Officer of the Year by the CDO Club, and has been featured as an industry expert by Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, US News & World Report, CNN and FOX.
Inderpal earned his Master of Science Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering from the University of Massachusetts and holds a PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.Chief Data Science OfficerJohnson & JohnsonC-level leader with track record of Digital Transformation and impact by Data Science - Chief Data Officer, Chief Analytics Officer Board member for innovation of a global standards organization 20+ years of creating significant business value in world-class companies and startups Deep expertise in using data at scale, AI, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics Builder, Operator with Entrepreneur mindset of rapid scaling Extensive experience in hiring technical talent from top technology companies and leading large (1000+ employees), global, high-performing teams Collaborated with renowned researchers, filed multiple patents, and won many awards Transformed many functions: R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success in multiple industries - High Tech, Financial Services, Transportation, Retail, Online Retail, Media and Entertainment, and HealthcareKeyur Desai (Moderator)Former Chief Data OfficerTD AmeritradeKeyur Desai is the former Chief Data Officer for TD Ameritrade. With 30 years of expertise in Global Enterprise Data Management, Data Monetization and Analytics Mr. Desai has consistently maximized the impact of data, analytics and data products on business results, operational efficiency, enterprise risk and innovation. At TD Ameritrade, he was accountable for generating outsized business outcomes for the firm, using data and analytics. With a globally dispersed team, he led Enterprise Data Strategy, Enterprise Data Governance, Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, Self Service Data Lake Platform, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data Systems Architecture, Data Architecture, Agile Program and Change Management, System Availability and Support. With data being a Board topic, he provided Risk and Audit Committee updates on data risk. Early in his career, Mr. Desai was on the founding Team of MicroStrategy, Inc. a pioneer in business intelligence. Mr. Desai is the recipient of numerous awards for data and analytics leadership and innovation and serves on the Board of Advisors of Springbuk, a healthcare analytics company, and Families without Borders, a non-profit organization that focuses on economic empowerment and education of youth in African countries.Chief Data and Analytics OfficerAnthemAshok Chennuru currently serves as the chief data and analytics officer at Anthem. He is a veteran Anthem employee with more than 20 years of experience. Ashok holds a master’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Missouri and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Madurai University in India.Chief Data and Analytics OfficerEli Lilly and CompanyExperienced C-level data, digital and analytics executive with 20+ years of leadership experience at multiple Fortune 100 companies, ranging from healthcare to industrial conglomerates. Proven track record in delivering value to a broad range of strategic and operational business problems through data and advanced analytics. Authority in best practices for "how to best make Digital/AI/ML work" with unique multi-industry leadership experience. Adept at building differentiating advanced technology competencies and high-performance corporate organizations throughout the career. Recently highlighted in HBR and Forbes for leadership in driving data-driven cultures.SVP, Chief Data ScientistDun & BradstreetDr. Anthony Scriffignano, Senior Vice President and Chief Data Scientist for Dun & Bradstreet, is an internationally recognized thought leader in the data science space. He leads a team of data scientists focused on advancing Dun & Bradstreet's core capabilities and IP globally. With an extensive background in advanced algorithms and linguistics, he holds multiple patents and presents globally on data and technology trends, multilingual challenges in business identity, and artificial intelligence.
10:40 am – 11:25 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall ESpeakersCMOCoupa
Chandar Pattabhiram is a seasoned marketing executive who brings to Coupa more than 23 years of experience in both fast-paced and large technology companies including Marketo, IBM, Badgeville, Cast Iron Systems, Jamcracker, and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
Prior to joining Coupa, Pattabhiram recently was CMO at Marketo where he was responsible for all aspects of marketing and in charge of positioning Marketo as the digital marketing industry’s innovation leader and the best solution for high-growth and enterprise businesses. Previously, Pattabhiram was head of worldwide marketing for Badgeville where he was part of the team that won multiple industry awards for innovative storytelling including the Best Platform-as-a-Service for 2013. Prior to that, Pattabhiram was vice president at IBM Cast Iron Systems where he was responsible for all product marketing and channel marketing efforts. In 2010, IBM acquired Cast Iron as a centerpiece of its Cloud strategy.
Pattabhiram also spent years at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) as a strategic advisor to Fortune 500 companies in the high-tech, retail, and oil and gas industries. He has authored and has been quoted in more than 1000 articles and is a frequent keynote speaker at leading software industry events. In June 2017, he was named by LinkedIn as one of the top 5 CMOs in the world to follow for thought-leadership in the digital marketing domain.
Pattabhiram earned a B.S. in mechanical engineering from PSG College of Technology and a M.S. in management from the University of Texas. He is a Strategic Board Advisor to Gainsight and LendingUSA and is on the Board of Directors for BlueShift, an AI platform for customer engagement.CMOPalo Alto Networks
Jean English joined Palo Alto Networks as chief marketing officer in August 2019. She has more than 20 years of business-to-business marketing experience. Most recently, she served as senior vice president and CMO at NetApp. Previously, Jean spent 17 years at IBM in a variety of roles, including vice president of Global Marketing for IBM Cloud, and led the go-to-market transformation for IBM’s cloud business. During her tenure with IBM, she also served as CMO for IBM Asia Pacific, wherein she was responsible for all aspects of marketing, communications and citizenship. Jean serves on the board of ATHENA International and is a member of the National Charity League. Both organizations focus on helping women develop and strengthen their leadership skills.CMOSnowflakeDenise has 20 years of technology marketing experience at high-growth companies. Prior to joining Snowflake, she served as CMO for Apigee, an API platform company that went public in 2015 and Google acquired in 2016. She began her career at collaboration software company Genesys, where she built and led a global marketing organization. Denise also helped lead Genesys through its expansion to become a successful IPO and acquired company. Denise holds a BA in Business Administration and Economics from Stockholm University, and holds an MBA from Georgetown University.CMODun & Bradstreet
Stacy Greiner is the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) for Dun & Bradstreet, a leading global provider of business decisioning data and analytics. In this role, Stacy leads the company’s global brand and marketing strategy and operations, focusing on delivering innovative programming that drives sales and growth.
Stacy has spent over two decades helping organizations around the world use emerging technologies, data and analytics to better serve their customers, create new business models, and transform their operations.?Prior to Dun & Bradstreet, she was CMO at DMI, a global digital services firm, where she transformed marketing into a modern growth engine to enable the company’s rapid expansion.
Previously, Stacy led marketing for Cisco System’s Software Platforms Group, building its business in edge analytics. She also served as the first CMO for DXC’s Big Data and Analytics division.?Before DXC, Stacy was Director of Marketing at IBM, where she led product marketing for the Business Analytics division.?She started her career as a Technology Consultant at Accenture at the company’s Center for Strategic Technology.
Stacy holds a BS in aerospace engineering from Iowa State University and an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.CMOVMWare
Carol Carpenter joined VMware in June 2020 as chief marketing officer. As CMO, Carpenter is responsible for leading all aspects of the Global Marketing organization, which includes Corporate Marketing, Partner, Segment and Field Marketing.
Carpenter brings to the role more than 25 years of technology sector experience. Most recently, she was vice president, Product Marketing at Google Cloud. Over the past three and a half years, Carpenter and the team led the transformation of Google Cloud from its early stage to its leadership position in cloud – building the team, crafting the brand positioning and campaign playbooks, enabling sales and the shift from products to solutions in its go-to-market. Prior to Google Cloud, Carpenter was the CEO of ElasticBox (acquired by CenturyLink) and held leadership and marketing roles in technology at Trend Micro, Keynote Systems and Apple and more.
Carpenter holds a bachelor of arts in economics degree from Stanford University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
- 45 mins Hall ESpeakersCIONetAppBill Miller is the senior vice president and chief information officer of NetApp, a hybrid cloud data services and data management company with revenues exceeding $6 billion annually. In this role, Bill leads NetApp's IT organization, supports the company's ongoing transformation, and works with peer organizations to advance business strategy and technology initiatives. He also directs the NetApp on NetApp and Customer-1 programs, which help the company's engineering and field organizations use, improve, and showcase the value of NetApp technology solutions to customers, some of whom are peer CIOs. Bill is also responsible for deploying, leveraging, and innovating around NetApp's new technologies and its partner technologies, producing narratives to underscore the company's value proposition to its external customers. We cover many of these topics and more in our conversation. Prior to joining NetApp, Bill was the senior vice president and chief information officer of Broadcom.Miller is the senior vice president and chief information officer of NetApp, a hybrid cloud data services and data management company with revenues exceeding $6 billion annually. In this role, Bill leads NetApp's IT organization, supports the company's ongoing transformation, and works with peer organizations to advance business strategy and technology initiatives. He also directs the NetApp on NetApp and Customer-1 programs, which help the company's engineering and field organizations use, improve, and showcase the value of NetApp technology solutions to customers, some of whom are peer CIOs. Bill is also responsible for deploying, leveraging, and innovating around NetApp's new technologies and its partner technologies, producing narratives to underscore the company's value proposition to its external customers. We cover many of these topics and more in our conversation. Prior to joining NetApp, Bill was the senior vice president and chief information officer of Broadcom.CIOTeladoc HealthJeff Nadler is the Chief Information Officer for Teladoc Health, overseeing enterprise information technology, information security and infrastructure for all Teladoc divisions globally. Mr. Nadler previously served as Chief Technology Officer for ActiveHealth Management, an independent subsidiary of Aetna. Bringing more than 25 years of strategic leadership in information technology, Mr. Nadler has specialized expertise in the healthcare, financial services and insurance industries, and broad experience building and managing large, high-performing technology teams. He is adept at developing enterprise-scale, custom application platforms with proven scalability, performance, security and reliability. Mr. Nadler holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Union College.CIOGenesysPranab Sinha is the Senior Vice President and CIO at Genesys. In his role, Sinha leads the company’s global IT organization, spearheading a strategy to drive the internal deployment of innovative technologies and programs to enable operational efficiencies and customer and employee satisfaction. Sinha has nearly 20 years of experience leading all aspects of enterprise IT with a deep focus on security and operational resiliency. Prior to joining Genesys, Sinha was the CIO at MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc., and previously served as Vice President, Enterprise IT, for Seagate Technology.CIOBNY Mellon | Pershing
Ramaswamy (Ram) Nagappan is the Chief Information Officer for BNY Mellon | Pershing. With more than 30 years of information technology experience, Ram oversees the firm’s technology product management and digital experience delivery for wealth management solutions. As a member of Pershing’s Executive Committee and BNY Mellon’s Technology Executive Council, he is closely involved in setting the firm’s strategic direction. A spokesperson on technology trends and issues, Ram has been featured in a number of technology and financial publications and on Bloomberg Radio. He is a regular keynote speaker and panelist at industry events and conferences.
Ram has been instrumental in developing many award-winning solutions. Most recently, Ram was recognized by ComputerWorld as a Premier 100 IT Leader and by the New Jersey Technology Council as “CIO of the Year.” Prior to assuming his current role, Ram served as managing director and chief technology officer at DLJdirect and CSFBdirect, pioneers in online internet brokerage. He also played a significant role in establishing iNautix Technologies India Private Limited at Chennai, India, a technology affiliate of BNY Mellon that provides an array of technology development service. In these roles, Ram’s work was focused on business areas including clearance, settlement and trading order management, as well as market making.
Before joining Pershing, he was a technology consultant to Guardian Life Insurance, Bakst International and Data Software Research Corp. Ram is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Operations & Technology Advisory Committee and has served on technology advisory committees for various national securities exchanges. A graduate of Anna University Chennai (India), Ram earned a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communication. He has also completed the Securities Industry Institute® (SII) program, sponsored by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.CIO, Consumer & Community BankingJPMorgan Chase
Microsoft Word - Radhakrishnan_Ravi_Bio_abbreviated_07.23.20
Dr. Rohan Amin is Chief Information Officer of Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) at JPMorgan Chase, which serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, wealth management, and small business loans. Rohan manages a technology budget of $4 billion and over 12,000 technologists globally. He is a member of the CCB Leadership Team and the firm’s Global Technology Operating Committee (GTOC).
Previously, Rohan was the Global Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Chief Technology Controls Officer (TCO) for JPMorgan Chase. He was responsible for the firm’s cybersecurity, technology controls and resiliency programs. He led the firm’s fortification of its cyber defenses and developed a world leading Information Security team. He also led the company’s Identity & Access Management and Technology Resiliency programs. He was the Chair of the Board for the Financial Systemic Analysis and Resilience Center (FSARC) and the Vice Chair of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC). He is currently a Board Director for Ionic Security and on the Technical Advisory Board for Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania.
Rohan came to JPMorgan Chase in 2014 from Lockheed Martin, where he led the development of the corporation’s global computer network defense strategy and the creation of the Lockheed Martin Computer Incident Response Team (LM-CIRT). He also ran Lockheed Martin’s Global Cybersecurity Solutions division that provided advanced information technology, cyber and electronic warfare systems and solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and international customers.
Rohan was a three-time recipient of Lockheed Martin’s NOVA award, its highest recognition. Within the defense industry, he was instrumental in establishing the Defense Security Information Exchange (DSIE), a cyber threat fusion and sharing forum between major defense industrial base partners. Rohan also co-authored the seminal paper on Intelligence Driven Defense and the Cyber Kill Chain – which introduced the world to new analytical tradecraft for combating Advanced Persistent Threats.
Rohan was also recognized as the Global CISO 2017 Breakaway Leader of the Year, the 2017 Information Security Executive People’s Choice Winner and the 2017 Information Security Northeast Executive of the Year.
Rohan obtained his Bachelor of Science in Computer and Telecommunications Engineering and his Master of Science in Telecommunications and Networking from the University of Pennsylvania. He also received his doctoral degree in Engineering Management and Systems Engineering from the George Washington University. He lives with his wife and two sons in New York.CTOEquinixJustin Dustzadeh is the Chief Technology Officer for Equinix. In this role, Justin drives the company’s technology vision, strategy and architecture as well as the overall technical innovation and focus on the developer community.
Prior to Equinix, Mr. Dustzadeh served as Head of Global Network & Software Platform at Uber. There, he and his team were responsible for the architecture, engineering and operations of Uber’s global network infrastructure, as well as software platforms enabling the company’s worldwide business.
Justin is an industry-recognized thought leader on software-defined infrastructure and has a wealth of executive experience, including leadership roles at Visa, Huawei, Ericsson, AT&T, a video search startup which he co-founded, and two leading telco service providers in France.
He holds a Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from Télécom Paris, and a B.S. in Theoretical Physics from École Normale Supérieure (Ulm) in Paris.
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 02 Hours 30 mins
- 30 mins Main StageSpeakersCo-Founder and CEOUiPathDaniel Dines is the Co-Founder and CEO of UiPath, a leading provider of enterprise automation software. Dines started UiPath in 2005 with the goal of building a technology that could help humans reduce the time and stress that come from menial, administrative business tasks.Managing PartnerAlkeon CapitalAbhi Arun is a Managing Partner at Alkeon Capital and heads the private investments group. Abhi has close to 2 decades of experience in Enterprise Software as an operator and investor which includes working at firms such as Battery Ventures, Intel Capital & Qualcomm. He loves backing Product Founders disrupting large markets and inventing new categories.
- 7:45 am – 8:30 am PDT
8:30 am – 9:00 am PDT
- 45 mins Main StageSpeakersFounder and co-CEONetflixReed Hastings co-founded Netflix in 1997. In 1991, Reed founded Pure Software, which made tools for software developers. After a 1995 IPO, and several acquisitions, Pure was acquired by Rational Software in 1997. Reed is an active educational philanthropist and served on the California State Board of Education from 2000 to 2004. He is currently on the board of several educational organizations including KIPP and Pahara. Reed is also a board member of The City Fund. Reed received a BA from Bowdoin College in 1983, and an MSCS in Artificial Intelligence from Stanford University in 1988. Between Bowdoin and Stanford, Reed served in the Peace Corps as a high school math teacher in Swaziland.Vice President of Content EngineeringNetflixGagan Hasteer is the Vice President of Content Engineering at Netflix, leading a team that builds products and technology to help Netflix produce, promote and deliver Content efficiently and at scale. Gagan is a technologist and entrepreneur with a passion for innovation. With over two decades of experience, Gagan has delivered cutting-edge products and worked closely with customers and partners to drive business objectives. Prior to Netflix, Gagan was the co-founder and head of engineering at Calypto (acquired by Mentor Graphics). Gagan holds a B. Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, M.S. and PhD from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and Executive MBA from Wharton.Vice President, ContentNetflix IndiaMonika is Vice President, Content at Netflix India and oversees the development, creation and licensing and acquisition of all Indian language content on Netflix, including films, series, reality shows, comedy specials and documentaries. Monika joined Netflix in 2019. She and her team have entertained audiences in India and around the world with local stories such as Ludo (film), AK vs AK (film), Ginny Weds Sunny (film), Masaba Masaba (series), Jamtara: Sabka Number Aayega (series) and Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives (reality series) and licensed films across languages including, Miss India (Telugu), Axone (Hindi) and Super Deluxe (Tamil).
Monika is a seasoned media professional with over two decades of experience as a journalist, producer and network executive. She was earlier at Viacom 18 Digital Ventures as EVP and Head of Content for VOOT. Prior to this, Monika headed the network non-fiction programming and strategy for Star India Network. In this role, she helmed the biggest network multilingual content project, the series, `Satyamev Jayate’ for Star Plus and nine other network channels. Monika has worked across genres in all major broadcast networks including Zee and Sony Entertainment Television in key programming roles creating successful scripted and unscripted series.
- 30 mins Main StageSpeakersCEOLLamasoft (a Coupa Company)Razat has been the CEO of LLamasoft, the leader in AI-based supply chain design and decisioning software. Driving an expanded product vision combined with a purpose-driven culture enabled the company to more than double its revenue in 3 years and resulted in a successful $1.5 billion acquisition by Coupa in November 2020.
Prior to LLamasoft, Razat held leadership positions at Blue Yonder, i2 Technologies and Ernst & Young’s management consulting practice. He also served on the Board of Directors of Sparta Systems and LLamasoft. Razat was recognized by Goldman Sachs as one of the 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs of 2020.
Razat serves on the Advisory Board of the University of Michigan’s Industrial and Operations Engineering (IOE) department. He is also engaged in various philanthropic and policy initiatives related to medical research, STEM education across minorities and efforts to reduce carbon emissions. Razat graduated with honors in Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.PartnerTPG CapitalNehal Raj is a Partner at TPG based in San Francisco. He co-leads the firm’s investment activities in software and enterprise technology across its private equity platforms -- TPG Capital, TPG Growth, The Rise Fund, and TPG Tech Adjacencies, where he serves as Co-Managing Partner. Prior to joining TPG in 2006, Nehal was an investor at Francisco Partners. Previously, he worked in the Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructurings Department of Morgan Stanley. He received an AB in Economics and MS in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University (Phi Beta Kappa) and an MBA from Harvard Business School (Baker Scholar). Nehal currently serves on the board of the following TPG investments: C3.ai, Digital.ai, Kaseya, Noodle.ai, Planview, WellSky, and Wind River. He is also closely involved with the firm’s investments in Checkmarx and Sonatype. Nehal was previously a director of a number of TPG investments prior to their successful exits, including: CCC Information Services (acquired by Advent International), IQVIA (NYSE: IQV), Intergraph (acquired by Hexagon AB), and Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS). Nehal serves on the Board of Trustees of San Francisco Day School and the Advisory Board of Breakthrough San Francisco.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersSenior Vice President and CIOGilead SciencesMarc Berson has >23 years of experience in IT, Business Transformation, Financial Systems and Finance roles and is currently Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Gilead Sciences. In this capacity, Marc is leading the IT function including Business Engagement, IT Architecture, Solution Delivery/Innovation, Security/Controls,Analytics/Data Management, Innovation and Infrastructure/Operations.
Prior to joining Gilead, Marc served as Senior Vice President and Global Head of IT Innovation and Business Transformation for HP Inc. Marc led all Business Process and IT Innovation programs, including an enterprise-wide ERP deployment program as well as Application Delivery across all process domains including Finance, Supply Chain and Sales/Marketing.
Prior to joining HP Inc., Marc worked for Royal Philips as the Head of Business Transformation for the Americas Market Group. There, Marc led a team focused on driving deployment of standard processes and IT solutions which advanced operational efficiency and effectiveness using data-driven methodologies like Lean and Six Sigma. Marc was also part of the Royal Philips Business Transformation Leadership team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and led a team program managing the company’s entire transformation portfolio of 450M Euro per year.
Prior to joining Royal Philips in 2014, Marc spent 17 years at International Business Machines (IBM) progressing through a number of leadership roles including serving as Vice President in IBM’s Business Transformation and IT organization leading the sustainment of the enterprise’s end-to-end ERP platform covering the process areas of Opportunity to Order, Order to Cash and Finance, serving as Vice President Finance Transformation within IBM’s Global Business Services consulting organization where he led an IBM consulting team for a major client and was on International Assignment from the US to Shenzhen, China as well as leading IBM’s Enterprise Business Analytics Center of Competency and global Financial Planning and Analytics IT team where he developed and ran the world’s largest Business Analytics cloud service.
Marc completed his undergraduate work at Pennsylvania State University in 1997 where he earned dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and International Business. In 2000, Marc earned a Masters in Project Management from George Washington University.
He is based in Palo Alto, California.Ronald Moore (Moderator)Executive Director, IT Business OperationsGilead SciencesRon is a seasoned leader with more than 20 years of IT experience. He has successfully run IT Business Operation functions for three Fortune 50 companies and brings a wealth of knowledge to Gilead in the areas of IT financial stewardship, vendor management, and managed services transformation. He has led Enterprise Architecture and Portfolio Management functions, governing and setting the direction for over $300M of transformation work. In his last role he helped achieve an excess of $150M year-over-year IT run-rate reductions, including $40M savings annually with software and services vendors. Ron has a Business degree from Texas A&M and an MBA from University of Houston. In his spare time, he enjoys volunteering for various charities with his family and coaching his children’s sports teams.
10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersSVP ProductPelotonViresh Rustagi is a software engineering executive with more than 25 years of experience, earned at industry leading technology companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon and, now, Peloton.
As SVP, product software engineering, Viresh fuels software innovation across Peloton’s growing suite of apps and connected fitness devices in markets around the globe. Viresh is no stranger to scaling strong, empowered teams who ship extraordinary products and features to push the bounds of innovation, quality and speed. With a deep understanding of software tech stacks -- from embedded software on proprietary devices to cloud software powering advanced logic and multimedia experiences -- he brings a practical know-how to the company’s vertically integrated business.
Viresh began his technology studies at the Institute of Technology, BHU, in India, prior to attending Florida State University for undergrad, and then Santa Clara University for his MBA. His work has been published and presented in and at leading industry journals and events, respectively, and he currently holds more than ten patents.
10:30 am – 10:50 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall ASpeakersChief Data Science OfficerJohnson & Johnson
Pallaw Sharma is the Chief Data Science Officer at Johnson & Johnson. He is a leader with an extensive track record of digital transformation and impact by Data Science. Some of his focus areas include Natural Language Processing, Image Analytics, Forecasting, Simulation & Optimization, Segmentation, and Anti-Fraud Analytics. Sharma leads the Johnson & Johnson Data Science Council responsible for designing and building common platforms, practices, and solutions spanning the entire global enterprise. Outside of J&J, Pallaw is a notable board member of the Innovation Board of GS1, a global standards organization for business communications. He holds multiple patents and has collaborated with renowned researchers utilizing data science techniques to transform a variety of business functions in numerous industries.
Before joining Johnson & Johnson, Pallaw was Head of Advanced Analytics for Customer Services and Support at Microsoft, and Chief Marketing and Analytics Officer at ShopYourWay, a Sears Holdings Company.Vice President, Clinical PharmacologyGenentechAmita Joshi, Ph.D., is an Executive Leader at Genentech with more than 25 years of experience in Clinical Drug Development. Her Clinical Pharmacology team is responsible for identifying the right dose/regimen for Genentech medicines. They apply the principles of quantitative pharmacology and advanced analytics to understand the pharmacokinetics of medicines and better define drug exposure-response (safety/efficacy/ pharmacodynamics) relationships in order to determine the dose/regimen for patients and dose adjustments for special populations (eg: pediatrics, elderly, ethnicities). Amita received the SF Business Times “100 Most Influential Women in Business Award” in 2016, and the “Malle Jurima–Romet Mid-Career Leadership Award" from ASCPT in 2018.Dr. David Nace (Moderator)Chief Medical OfficerInnovaccerDr. David Nace is Chief Medical Officer at Innovaccer, a San Francisco-based healthcare technology company that uses its health cloud solution to organize healthcare information and make it accessible, useful, and actionable. Prior to joining Innovaccer, Dr. Nace served as the Chief Medical Officer at MarkLogic and Lantern. Dr. Nace is a national healthcare thought leader who has been involved in healthcare reform and managed care strategies since the early 1990s. Dr. Nace has more than three decades of executive management experience in senior leadership roles including VP of Population Health at McKesson Corporation, Chairman of the Board at Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, and Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer roles at both UnitedHealth Group and Aetna. Dr. Nace completed his medical education and residency training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where he subsequently served as junior faculty in his early career.
10:50 am – 11:15 am PDT
- 20 mins Hall ASpeakersPresident and CEO Sutter Health Bay Area Medical FoundationsSutter HealthElizabeth "Lizz" Vilardo, M.D. is president & CEO of the Sutter Health Bay Area Medical Foundations which has more than 2,000 physicians & cares for over 1 million patients with sites from Santa Rosa to Watsonville. Lizz has been a practicing physician & physician leader for 30+ years. She has served in leadership positions at El Camino Hospital & with the medical group, including chairing the board of directors & then as acting president of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation's Camino Division.
Lizz has served on many nonprofit-boards, including the Sutter Health Board of Directors. She currently serves on the boards of YMCA Silicon Valley, Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), and Silicon Valley Leadership Group. She has been recognized for her community service by Pepperdine University, YMCA Silicon Valley & SF Business Times.President and CEOSutter HealthSarah Krevans is President and CEO of Sutter Health, a Northern California based not-for-profit health system that cares for 3 million patients—or 1 in every 100 Americans, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the nation. Sarah oversees Sutter’s integrated network of 14,000 clinicians, 24 hospitals, outpatient services, research facilities, and home health and hospice care.
Sarah is chair-elect of the California Association of Hospitals and Health Systems board, and serves on The Bay Area Council Executive Committee, American Hospital Association Health Care Systems Council, California Hospital Association Board of Directors, United States of Care Founders Council, and Sutter Health Board of Directors.
She has been named as one of the “Top 25 Women Leaders” by Modern Healthcare, included on Modern Healthcare’s list of the “100 Most Influential People in Healthcare,” nominated as a “Visionary of the Year” by the San Francisco Chronicle, and named one of the “Most Influential Women in Business” by the San Francisco Business Times.Dwight French (Moderator)Healthcare Lead, WestRed HatDwight French is a proven executive with over 20 years of successful business leadership and experience in the health insurance, provider, and life science sectors. His work serving healthcare includes executive positions at BearingPoint (formerly KPMG Consulting), SVP of Enterprise Product Management at HMS Holdings Corp (HMSY-US), Chief Business Development Officer at Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA), and co-founder of a population health management software company that a Fortune 20 strategic invested in and was successfully exited. Dwight has been working at the leading edge of healthcare reform since its inception. Described as an insightful leader, his innovative strategies exploit business opportunities that arise from this evolving reform. Dwight possesses the rare ability to craft policies and shape vision into actionable results. He accomplishes this unique skill through developing leaders, solid operational execution, effective communication and intentional relationship development.
11:15 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 25 mins Hall ASpeakersVice President and Chief Innovation OfficerSutter HealthAs Sutter Health’s first Chief Innovation Officer, Chris Waugh applies his extensive human-centered design experience to guide the integrated network’s innovation strategy. Human-centered design is a creative approach that personalizes solutions to meet individual needs — understanding people's behaviors, identifying trends and exploring solutions that improve the healthcare experience — making healthcare more usable and accessible for all.
Before joining Sutter, Waugh held entrepreneurial leadership roles at IDEO, a globally regarded Bay Area design and innovation firm, and was VP of design at One Medical Group in San Francisco.
Waugh has bachelor's degrees in international business and French from Fort Lewis College.Founder and CEOLeanTaaSMohan Giridharadas is the founder and CEO of LeanTaaS. LeanTaaS is a 200-person predictive analytics company that uses AI and Machine Learning to help hospitals utilize their assets more effectively by unlocking capacity. Prior to starting LeanTaaS, Mohan was a senior partner at McKinsey & Company. During his 18 year tenure at McKinsey, Mohan ran their global Lean Service Operations. Mohan holds an MBA from Stanford University and an MS in Computer Science from Georgia Tech.
- 15 mins Hall ASpeakersPresident & CEOIlluminaFrancis deSouza was appointed President & CEO of Illumina in 2016 and is responsible for directing all aspects of company strategy, planning, and operations. He initially joined the company as President in 2013 and led Illumina’s business units and core functions responsible for envisioning, developing and producing the company’s products.
Previously, deSouza served as President of Products and Services at Symantec Corporation, where he was responsible for driving the vision for the company’s market-leading portfolio and served in a variety of executive roles. He joined Symantec through the acquisition of IMlogic, where he was co-founder and CEO.
Prior to joining IMlogic, deSouza was co-founder and CEO of Flash Communications, a provider of corporate instant messaging that was acquired by Microsoft. Following the acquisition, he joined Microsoft and led the team responsible for the development of the company’s enterprise real-time collaboration offerings. Currently, he is a member of the board of directors for The Walt Disney Company.
Francis deSouza received a B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 9:45 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersSenior VP, CTOApplied Materials
Dr. Omkaram (Om) Nalamasu is senior vice president and chief technology officer (CTO) for Applied Materials. He brings extensive experience and passion to the role of CTO, where he is leading the development of new product pipelines, securing government funding for key strategic projects, and building a world-class team to maintain Applied Materials’ technology leadership in the industries it serves and enable growth into new markets.
Dr. Nalamasu is also the president of Applied Ventures, LLC, the venture capital fund of Applied Materials, overseeing the financial and strategic investments in early and growth-stage privately held companies. A world-renowned expert in materials science and technology and one of our industry's respected forward thinkers, Dr. Nalamasu has championed a renewed focus on the company’s innovation culture through various internal development programs and open innovation methods. He has strengthened Applied Materials's strategic relationships with universities and research institutes around the world including IIT Bombay.
Dr. Nalamasu joined Applied Materials in 2006, after serving as vice president of research at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). He has held key research and development leadership positions at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Bell Laboratories/Lucent Technologies, and Agere Systems, Inc., and was director of Bell Laboratories' Nanofabrication Research Laboratory, MEMS and Waveguides Research, and Condensed Matter Physics organizations. His research interests include nanomanufacturing, nanopatterning, electronic and photonic materials, and lithography, with special emphasis on applying patterning and materials know-how for device fabrication for electronics, photonics, and energy applications.
Dr. Nalamasu has made seminal contributions to the fields of optical lithography and polymeric materials science and technology. He has received numerous awards, authored more than 180 papers, review articles and books, and holds more than 35 patents. Dr. Nalamasu is a member of the board of directors of Semiconductor Research Corporation and The Tech Museum and serves on the National Academies Panel on Materials Science and Engineering. He sits on several technical advisory boards and university advisory committees and received his Ph.D. from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.Global HeadApplied Materials’ Venture Capital FundAnand Kamannavar is the Global Head of Applied Materials' venture capital fund. In this role, he manages Applied's $300M global venture investment portfolio of 90+ companies across 16 countries. Mr. Kamannavar has led over a dozen venture investments with successful exits including Adesto (NASDAQ: IOTS), Enphase (NASDAQ: ENPH), and Voltaix (acquired by Air Liquide).
Mr. Kamannavar has over two decades of experience in the technology and venture capital industry and new business development. He first joined Applied Ventures in 2006, with a focus on identifying and leading investments in the area of Semiconductor, Energy, Materials, and India. He then went on to head Applied's new business group which led to Applied's entry into Optics, Life Sciences, Materials, and other high growth markets. Previously Mr. Kamannavar worked at Atlas Ventures and Arch Development Partners looking at startups in the broader Alternative energy, Internet, Web 2.0, Media, Software, and Medical sectors.
Before his career in venture capital, Mr. Kamannavar held various engineering and business development roles with Hewlett-Packard's server group in Richardson, TX where he was awarded key U.S. patents. He also co-founded Precision Information Systems which provides financial data and tools to leading financial institutions like Ameritrade, New York Life, and Intuit.
Mr. Kamannavar received an MBA with Honors from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
9:45 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersAbraham Sofaer (Moderator)George P. Shultz Distinguished Scholar and Senior FellowHoover InstitutionAbraham D. Sofaer was appointed the first George P. Shultz Distinguished Scholar and Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution in 1994. Named in honor of former US secretary of state George P. Shultz, the appointment is awarded to a senior scholar whose broad vision, knowledge, and skill will be brought to bear on the problems presented by a radically transformed global environment. Sofaer's work focuses on the power over war within the US government and on issues related to international law, terrorism, diplomacy, and national security. His most recent books are Taking on Iran: Strength, Diplomacy, and the Iranian Threat (Hoover Institution Press, 2013) and The Best Defense?: Legitimacy and Preventive Force (Hoover Institution Press, 2010). From 1985 to 1990, he served as a legal adviser to the US Department of State, where he resolved several interstate matters, including the dispute between Egypt and Israel over Taba, the claim against Iraq for its attack on the USS Stark, and the claims against Chile for the assassination of Orlando Letelier. He received the Distinguished Service Award in 1989, the highest state department award given to a non–civil servant. From 1979 to 1985, Sofaer served as a US district judge in the Southern District of New York. From 1969 to 1979, he was a professor of law at Columbia University School of Law and wrote War, Foreign Affairs, and Constitutional Power: The Origins. From 1967 to 1969, he was an assistant US attorney in the Southern District of New York, after clerking for Judge J. Skelly Wright on the US Court of Appeals in Washington, DC, and the Honorable William J. Brennan Jr. on the US Supreme Court. He practiced law at Hughes, Hubbard and Reed from 1990 to 1994. A veteran of the US Air Force, Sofaer received an LLB degree from New York University School of Law in 1965, where he was editor in chief of the law review. He holds a BA in history from Yeshiva College (1962). Sofaer is a founding trustee of the National Museum of Jazz in Harlem and a member of the board of the Koret Foundation. Sofaer was born and raised in Bombay, India until age fourteen, and is third generation descendant of Jewish Immigrants from Iraq.25th United States Ambassador to the Republic of IndiaUSAKenneth I. Juster has over 40 years of experience as a senior business executive, senior government official, and senior law partner. He served as the 25th United States Ambassador to the Republic of India from November 2017 to January 2021. He led the third largest U.S. Mission in the world, with approximately 2,500 employees representing over 30 U.S. government departments, agencies, and offices. For his service, Juster received the highest honors of several U.S. government agencies, including the State Department’s Distinguished Service Award, the Defense Department’s Distinguished Public Service Award, the Director of National Intelligence’s Exceptional Service Award, and the Energy Department’s Excellence Award. Juster previously served from January to June 2017 as the Deputy Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs and Deputy Director of the National Economic Council. He was a senior member of both the National Security Council and the National Economic Council. Prior to that, Juster was a Partner and Managing Director, from 2010 to 2017, at the global investment firm Warburg Pincus, where he focused on a range of issues, including geopolitical risk, global public policy, and regulatory matters. From 2005 to 2010, Juster was Executive Vice President of Law, Policy, and Corporate Strategy at salesforce.com. He oversaw corporate development, legal affairs, global public policy, enterprise risk management, human resources, internal audit, worldwide real estate, and procurement. Juster served as U.S. Under Secretary of Commerce from 2001 to 2005, in charge of the Bureau of Industry and Security. In that capacity, he oversaw issues at the intersection of business and national security, including strategic trade controls, imports and foreign investments that affect U.S. security, and enforcement of anti-boycott laws. Juster co-founded and served as the U.S. Chair of the U.S.-India High Technology Cooperation Group. He was also one of the key architects of the Next Steps in Strategic Partnership initiative between the United States and India, which provided the foundation for the historic civil nuclear agreement between the two countries. Upon completion of his term, Juster received the William C. Redfield Award, the Commerce Department’s highest honor. From 1992 to 1993, Juster served as the Counselor (Acting) of the U.S. Department of State, and from 1989 to 1992 as the Deputy and Senior Adviser to Deputy Secretary of State Lawrence S. Eagleburger. Juster was one of the key officials involved in establishing and managing U.S. assistance programs to Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. Upon completion of his term, Juster received the Distinguished Service Award, the State Department’s highest honor. From 1981 to 1989 and 1993 to 2001, Juster practiced law at the firm Arnold & Porter, where he became a senior partner. His work involved international arbitration and litigation, corporate counseling, regulatory matters, and international trade and transactions. Juster holds a law degree from the Harvard Law School, a Master’s degree in Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government (Phi Beta Kappa) from Harvard College.
10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall BSpeakersFounder & ChairL V Prasad Eye InstituteAfter a successful career in the US as an academic Ophthalmologist, in 1987 Dr. Gullapalli N Rao established the L V Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad, India 33 years ago and is the Founder & Chair of that Institute. L V Prasad Eye Institute is a complex modern eye hospital with advanced training programs for ophthalmologists and paramedical personnel, an eye research center, a rehabilitation program, product development, and high-quality eye care models for underserved areas. Dr. Rao received his basic medical education in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, and completed his postgraduate residency training at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. In the US, he trained at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, and later at the School of Medicine, the University of Rochester, where he continued on the faculty until 1986. Academic and Research Achievements Honorary Doctorates from the University of Melbourne and University of New South Wales, Australia, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, India, University of Bradford, UK and GITAM University, India • President of “Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis (AOI)”, group of 80 of the most eminent academicians in ophthalmology in the world • Visiting professor to many Universities in the U.S, Europe, Australia, and Asia • Published about 300 papers in peer-reviewed international journals • Editorial Boards of several international journals of ophthalmology • “Fellow qua surgeon” of the “Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons”, Glasgow • Fellow of two of the Science Academies of India • Fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences. Other Contributions • Former Secretary-General and later Chair of the Board and CEO of the International Agency for Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) in which role played a pivotal role in developing and fostering the global initiative to eliminate avoidable blindness along with WHO – VISION 2020: The Right to Sight in partnership with World Health Organisation (WHO) • Board of Trustees, International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) • Leadership Position in many National and International eye care organizations • Founder & Chair of L V Prasad Eye Institute, India • Boards of many national and international organisations.Awards and Honours • Naumann Award from International Council of Ophthalmology for “outstanding global leadership in eye care” • Bernardo Streiff Gold Medal from Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis for outstanding contribution made to the advancement of ophthalmology • Kupfer Award from Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology for outstanding accomplishments as a researcher, ophthalmologist and humanitarian • Jose Rizal Medal from Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology for outstanding contributions to eye care in Asia Pacific region • World Cornea Congress Medal from International Cornea Society (Among the first ten) for outstanding contribution to the field of cornea • International Blindness Prevention Award from American Academy of Ophthalmology • Pisart Award by Lighthouse International, New York • Outstanding Humanitarian Service Award from American Academy of Ophthalmology • ARVO – Alcon Keynote Lecture • Barrie Jones Lecture of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, U.K • Many named lecturers around the world in scientific meetings and universities • Five awards from the All India Ophthalmological Society • Three awards from the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology • First Association of Eye Banks of Asia Award at the Asia Cornea Society Scientific Meeting of Asia Cornea Foundation • Many other awards from both National and International organisations • Inducted into “Ophthalmology Hall of Fame” at the meeting of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) in Los Angeles. 57 ophthalmologists from around the world have been inducted into the Hall of Fame in the past three centuries • Inducted as a Commander, Order of the Star of Africa for distinguished service to the ‘Republic of Liberia’ and to ‘Africa in public service and sciences’ by President of Republic of Liberia • Lifetime Achievement Award by All India Ophthalmological Society • “Gullapalli N. Rao – AIOS Endowment Lecture” created by the All India Ophthalmological Society in the year 2020. (one of the first five of all times, honored in 2020) Awarded Padma Shri, Indian Government’s civilian award. Civil Status Married to Pratibha; son Raghav married to Raelene; Daughter Vaidya married to Scott; Four grandchildrenAjit Rangnekar (Moderator)Director GeneralResearch and Innovation Circle of HyderabadAjit Rangnekar is the Director-General of Research and Innovation Circle of Hyderabad, a Telangana The government initiative, India. He also heads the PSA supported Hyderabad City Cluster initiative which is a collaborative network of research and academic institutions, industry, start-ups, civic bodies and government, to implement science and technology Innovations for mass impact. Mr Rangnekar retired as the Dean of Indian School of Business, India’s highest-ranked Business School. He has been a member of many global committees in Business Education. He is Governing Board member of IIITH, a founding member of T-Hub, Board member of companies, and Director of Social Venture Partners, India where he volunteers with NGOs to help them increase their impact. Before ISB, he was in Hong Kong for over 20 years, 14 of those with Price Waterhouse Consulting, handling various roles including Country Head, first of PW and then of PwC Hong Kong Consulting practice, and East Asia Head of PwC Telecomm practice and Learning and Development. Ajit Rangnekar is a graduate of IIT, Bombay, and did his post-graduation in Management from IIM, Ahmedabad, India.
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersAndy Tsao (Moderator)Managing DirectorSilicon Valley BankAndy Tsao is a Managing Director and leads SVB's Global Gateway, which assists innovation companies in the emerging markets with their US and international market expansion. He brings more than 20 years of experience banking dynamic companies in technology industries worldwide. In his roles, Andy manages SVB's relationships with venture capital and private equity firms outside the U.S., and also helps emerging market companies as they seek U.S. market entry and U.S. companies as they seek to expand abroad. In both capacities, Andy provides these firms with strategic advice and banking services, including debt financing, based on a deep understanding of their needs. Previously, Andy led and helped found SVB's U.K.-based operation, SVB Financial Group UK Ltd, which was established in 2004. For six years, he was responsible for building senior debt relationships with high-growth technology, life sciences and clean technology companies in the U.K. and Europe. Tsao routinely speaks about technology and venture financing at conferences such as events held by the Latin American Venture Capital Association (LAVCA), AMEXCAP, and the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. Andy is on the Board  and was a former President of the Asia America MultiTechnology Association (AAMA) , on the Advisory Board of Asia Society Northern California, Advisory Board of BayBrazil, TiE Silicon Charter Member and Venture Council of LAVCA.Co-Founder, Managing PartnerDN CapitalSteve co-founded DN Capital in June 2000 and is currently Managing Partner based in the Sand Hill Road office, running DN Capital’s US operations. Steve Schlenker began his career in venture capital and private equity in 1990. His investment experience has been in software and software related businesses. His sectors of focus include enterprise software, fintech and digital health. Amongst his select investments are Auto1, Datanomic (acquired by Oracle), Endeca (acquired by Oracle), Familybuilder (acquired by Intelius), Lagan/Kana (acquired by Verint), RecargaPay, Remitly and Parallel Wireless. Steve was previously at SUN Capital Partners, based in their London office, where he served as chief investment officer for technology investments. At SUN Capital Partners, he spent five years investing in US and European technology companies as well as assisting raise and manage a growth equity emerging markets fund and making private investments in growth companies. His investments there include eMode (acquired by Monster.com), Endeca (acquired by Oracle), SUN Brewing (listed on Luxembourg, then acquired by Interbrew). Prior to SUN Capital Partners, Steve was one of the first analysts for the buyout firm Interlaken Capital in Greenwich, CT, where he was involved with sourcing companies and applying technology to augment profitability and investment returns in legacy industries such as food processing, industrial distribution and facilities management. Steve is a mentor for Stanford undergraduate students via the E145 technology entrepreneurship course and graduate students via the ME273 course. Areas of interest: Fintech, SaaS, Digital HealthPartnerIGNIAChristine Kenna is a Partner at IGNIA, a cross-border venture capital fund focused in Latin America. Christine invests in innovative companies that are reinventing the way to do business with the emerging middle class in Latin America in sectors such as fintech, edtech, Saas, and marketplaces. In addition, Christine serves on the Board of Directors of The Mexican Association of Venture Capital (AMEXCAP). Previously Christine worked in various operating roles in EF Education First, Google, the Guggenheim Foundation, and EY Parthenon. As a passionate advocate for developing high-potential professional women and networks, Christine co-founded Mujeres Invirtiendo (Women in Venture Capital in Mexico), MBA Mujeres de México, and was recognized as one of the top female investors in Latin American by the Latin American Venture Capital Association. Christine graduated from Duke University, Harvard Business School, and is a Kauffman Fellow with Class 23.General PartnerRace CapitalEdith is a General Partner at Race Capital - an early-stage Silicon Valley venture capital fund. A few sectors we are particularly interested in infrastructure, fintech, and deep tech verticals. She has invested in over 50 startups including Agora.io (Nasdaq: API), Lightyear/Stellar (valued $1.2B), Silk Labs (acquired by Apple), Chirp (acquired by Apple), Fleksy (acquired by Pinterest), Human (acquired by Mapbox), Solana, Oasis Labs, Hooked, DayDayCook, AISense, and many more. Prior to Race Capital, Edith was a partner at 500 Startups, the world's most active early-stage fund and incubator invested in Twilio, Credit Karma, Grab, and 2000 more companies. Before 500, Edith was the general manager at Dolphin Browser, a Sequoia-backed mobile browser with over 150 million installs worldwide. Edith also worked with many Fortune 500 companies such as Siebel, AMS, AT&T Wireless, and Autodesk. She frequently speaks on China and Silicon Valley technology and investment landscape. She is also a frequent guest lecturer at Berkeley and Stanford and commentator on BBC, CNBC, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, SCMP, Techcrunch, etc.Founder & ChairInvest AfricaRobert Hersov, 60, is a South African/UK entrepreneur, senior executive and private investor currently based in Cape Town (after 30+ years in the US, Europe and mainly the UK). He currently serves as chairman (and founder) of Invest Africa, chairman (and founder) of African Capital Investments, chairman of Alternative Capital (and founder), chairman/CEO of the S-Group (100% owner and founder), and deputy chairman of the VistaJet advisory board. Hersov's grandfather, Bob Hersov, founded AngloVaal, one of Southern Africa's largest mining and industrial companies, which his father, Basil Hersov, ran from 1973 to 2001. Rob has been a member of many public and private boards and founded and owns companies in the aviation, resource, media/marketing, member network and finance sectors. He has been focused in the last decade on investing in Africa, a continent close to his heart given his upbringing and family ties. In May 2013, Rob founded Invest Africa with the specific purpose of delivering on the demand for high quality relationships within growing African markets amongst investors and the business community. The private club has amassed over 400 high level members. Rob also founded African Capital Investments in 2014 to build an Africa-focused investment platform. And more recently he founded both: AltCapInvest (2017), a London-based international Family Office advisory and placement firm which is growing rapidly; and, the S-Group (2019), an exclusive international business- and community-focused private members organization with a mantra of "pay the goodness forward". In 2020, Rob bought Fisantekraal Airport (to be renamed Cape Winelands Airport) and is launching a SPAC - African Gold Acquisition Corp (expected to go public on NASDAQ Q1 2021). Rob received a B.B.S. from the University of Cape Town and a M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School (class of ’89). He is married, with four children, plays golf and enjoys swimming in open seas and in cold water. His nickname is "Chief". He is not politically correct at all.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
Fireside chat: The art of investing to create Unicorns - A Conversation of Roland Manger with James Mawson30 mins Hall BSpeakersJames Mawson (Moderator)Founder and CEOMawsoniaJames was editor of Private Equity News, part of Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal in London, for nearly four years until May 2010 when he launched Global Corporate Venturing as an independent title from his own publishing company. This was followed by the launch of the second publication, Global University Venturing, in January 2012 to help students and faculty, and academia more broadly launches or develop their entrepreneurial businesses and work with external peers. The company, Mawsonia’s, third title, Global Government Venturing, was launched in May 2014 and rebranded to Global Impact Venturing in February 2019. As well as editing Private Equity News, James coordinated leveraged buyout and venture capital coverage for use by other titles in the Dow Jones and News Corporation group, acted as a spokesman on BBC radio and television, and chaired awards and conferences for a host of media groups, including the BVCA awards and event for more than 1,000 people in October 2009. Previously, James had freelanced for a host of national and trade media titles, including the BBC, Financial Times, Economist, Independent on Sunday, Sunday Express, and Dow Jones Newswires; provided research for Nick Davies’s book, Flat Earth News; was a foreign correspondent in central and eastern Europe, and was an international editor for FT Business.Co-founder and PartnerEarlybird
Microsoft Word - Roland_short_bio_engl..docx
Roland Manger is a Co-Founder and Partner at Earlybird. As part of his 23-year investment track record, he also initiated Earlybird Digital East, a line of Venture Capital funds dedicated to Emerging Europe. The investment in UiPath ?s Seed round was part of Digital East Fund I.
He gained entrepreneurial experience with Cybernet AG, a provider of Internet and system integration services which was listed on NASDAQ and Frankfurt Stock Exchange, and at Ditec AG, a German spin-out from Digital Equipment Corporation in Boston, where he was Director of Business Development.
Previously he worked as a strategy consultant with The MAC Group and Gemini Consulting in the telecom and media industries. He studied Computer Science, Operations Research, and business at KIT in Germany, graduating with a MSc equivalent degree, and an MBA from Georgetown University in Washington D.C.
- 30 mins Hall BSpeakersFounderMotwani Jadeja Foundation
Asha Jadeja is a Silicon Valley-based venture capitalist who has invested in over 200 technology startups in the Bay Area. As an entrepreneur herself, her investing philosophy is designed to ignite young entrepreneurs into becoming disruptive change makers. “Making a dent in poverty requires money. Without a strong focus on economic growth, developing countries like India will continue to be stuck in a cycle of poverty.
The need of the hour is to let technology-driven growth enable India to break out of the cycle of poverty. It is critical that we identify and remove legacy obstacles to growth as fast as possible."
All of Asha's venture and philanthropic initiatives in India have been designed to help the nation break free of this cycle of poverty. "Exponential growth is possible through technology-enabled entrepreneurship, lean government, world-class education, and women's leadership."
Gender equality, inclusive growth, lean government, and national security are core interests of MITLI (Motwani Institute for Thought Leadership in Innovation) - an unprecedented bridge between the US and India. Asha created MITLI as an advocacy platform designed to drive policy changes in India.
A firm believer in the power of grassroots socio-economic movements Asha created MakerFest in 2013. A powerful network of makers and innovators that pro-actively problem-solve for their own communities. Makerfest is now prolific in Africa, India, and more recently in Brazil. She created India’s first network of dozens of Fablabs designed to spark a just in a time manufacturing environment in India.
With help from Prof Sugata Mitra, Asha also set up India's first self-supported School in the Cloud in Ahmedabad. This has now grown to over 60 locally managed and sustained "schools in the cloud" within South Asia.
Asha is a prolific thought leader rooted within the milieus of Stanford, UC Berkeley, Google, Hoover Institute, Council on Foreign Relations, and Brookings USA. She is a limited partner in over 20 Bay Area venture funds, Acumen Fund NY, and Kawasafi Fund, Africa. As a prolific collector of Indian art, Asha is currently engaged with Stanford University Cantor Art Museum in bringing top Indian artists into a global forefront.Vasudev Bhandarkar (Moderator)Founder and CEOScoreData Corporation
Vasudev Bhandarkar (Founder/CEO, ScoreData Corporation) is a veteran of the enterprise software industry. As co-founder and executive Vas has successfully co-founded and helped build several highly valued companies Selectica & Remedy (both IPOed on the Nasdaq), and outsourced product engineering company Globallogic (recently acquired by Hitachi for $9.6B. Vas has also been an active angel investor in leading edge technology companies for over a decade has invested in bitcoin and blockchain companies since 2012, including DMGGF (Blockseer) and Maicoin (Coinbase of Taiwan), in healthcare data exchange company Innovaccer, and 5G company Highway9Networks.
Vas is a strategic thinker envisioning breakthrough product lines linked to the realization of business objectives. He has recruited and led high performance executive/professional teams and has in-depth operating experience building multi-disciplinary organizations from founding to IPO. Vas earned his spurs building complex software teams and products at AT& T Bell Labs, Apple Computer, and Hewlett-Packard Corporation.
His innovative approach to building companies involves the execution of a global vision at inception, indirect versus direct approach to selling, and establishing cross-border teams, and targeting global markets. Vas is an active angel investor and has been a mentor and investor in several successful startups in India and the US. Vas has been an enthusiastic supporter of AIMA and the organization’s cross-border initiatives.
Vas holds Masters degrees in Computer Science from Colorado State University, and Physics from IIT-Bombay, and pursued graduate studies and executive education in business, corporate governance, and finance, at Santa Clara University, and the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
He is a Distinguished alumnus of the Colorado State University. He is an avid bicyclist, has completed several 100-mile rides, an avid hiker, and a prolific photographer. He has scaled several 14Kft. mountains in continental North America, and recently climbed to the Everest Base Camp at the foot of the Khumbu Falls.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 9:50 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersFounder and CEOTekionJay Vijayan is an entrepreneur, engineer, inventor, and investor. He is the Founder and CEO of Tekion Corp, a hyper-growth technology company whose mission is to disrupt the status quo in the automotive retail industry by providing a cutting-edge cloud platform powered by Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things. Prior to founding Tekion in 2016, Jay was the Chief Information Officer of Tesla. During the years 2012-2016, Jay was responsible for building all of Tesla's information technology systems during the company's hyper-growth and ramp-up phase from when Tesla had nearly no revenue to when it reached an annual revenue run rate of over $5 Billion with a market capitalization of over $35 Billion. Jay is a Director on the Board of Directors of NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV. Jay has recently been appointed as a Director on the Board of Directors of HyreCar Inc.(NASDAQ: HYRE), a car-sharing platform for individuals who want to drive for ride-sharing companies like Uber or Lyft. Vijayan has previously served on the Executive Advisory Council of AT&T, Inc. and on the CIO Advisory Council of Microsoft Corporation. Jay is known for building simple and highly scalable technology platforms and solutions that transform, scale businesses, and enable operational efficiency.Eric Wei (Moderator)Managing DirectorAdvent International CorporationEric Wei is a Managing Director at Advent International Corporation, one of the largest global private equity investors, where his focus includes growth equity and majority investments in technology. Prior to joining Advent, Eric served as a Principal of Sageview Capital and Vice President of Bain Capital. Eric also serves on the Board of Directors of Conservice, FinancialForce, P2 Energy, Tekion and Zenoti. He has a bachelor's degree in economics from Stanford University and an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
9:50 am – 10:20 am PDT
- 20 mins Hall CSpeakersPriya Rajan (Moderator)Market Lead for India and UAESilicon Valley BankPriya is Market Lead for India and UAE in SVB's international market development team, Global Gateway. She provides market entry advice and insights on cross-border engagement focused on constituents in the innovation ecosystem - founders and investors. Priya's work with Indian entrepreneurs and venture capital funds has yielded tangible value with founders accessing leading programs in the U.S. like Y-Combinator and investors getting visibility of great founders and deals. Priya calls on her experience, expertise and connections to champion a more inclusive innovation economy. She works closely with community leaders, including Change Catalyst, Kapor Capital, and YC Female Founders. She sits on the board of directors at non-profits Big Brothers Big Sisters and Women Who Code - an organization dedicated to helping women excel in technology careers. As a venture partner at Xfund, Priya connects VC firms with superior research universities and advisor at Entrepreneurship at Cornell University. Priya co-created the Diaspora Community initiative at SVB and is a charter member of TiE, a nonprofit focused on nurturing the next generation of entrepreneurs with Indian ties. Prior to joining Global Gateway, Priya was a Director in our early stage practice (Startup Banking) where she led university programs and SVB Trek for student entrepreneurs. Leading to partnerships with Dorm Room Fund, The House Fund, Stanford Venture Studio and Rough Draft Ventures. Priya's career at SVB Financial Group began as a global group financial officer, a pivotal role in the Finance team. Earlier in her career, she held financial management positions at Charles Schwab and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. In addition to a bachelor's degree from the University of Madras and a master's degree in international business from Queen's University, Priya holds an MBA in business administration from Cornell University and a California CPA in accounting and business administration. Priya enjoys travelling the world, opening doors, and meeting new people. When not on a plane, Priya enjoys classical music - after studying music for over a decade, she passed on this passion and skill to her two children.Co-FounderDarwinboxRohit is an alumnus of IIM Lucknow (MBA) and has worked at the likes of McKinsey and Google in the past, where he has consulted large enterprises across the globe on digitalization and technology transformation. His experience in blending business strategy & technology and his aspiration to create disruptive products, business models and teams that drive growth, led Rohit to co-found Darwinbox, Asia's leading HR Technology platform. Rohit leads Operations, Investment, Customer Success and Expansion Strategy, amongst other things, at Darwinbox.PrincipalSequoia IndiaHarshjit advises on investments in early stage businesses at Sequoia India and is focused on fintech, SaaS and consumer internet sectors. He works closely with BharatPe, Darwinbox, Freshworks, smallcase, Turtlemint and Vymo amongst others. Prior to Sequoia, he was an early employee at Dropbox where he used to lead the android product which he saw scale to hundreds of millions of installs. He has completed his undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering from Stanford University where he was a Frederick Terman scholar.
10:20 am – 10:40 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersJohn Pennett (Moderator)Partner-in-Charge of the Life Sciences and Technology Group.Eisner AmperJohn Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the Life Sciences Group and Technology Group. He has 30 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on topics related to issues impacting businesses in the life sciences and technology space. He is the publisher of Catalyst, a magazine focused solely on issues related to life sciences and pharmaceutical companies. John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies. John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a hundred IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $2 billion. In addition, he has served as the interim lead of the firm’s Risk Advisory Practice, leading internal audit, contract compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and testing. He is deeply involved in the firm’s Outsourced Accounting Services practice and the International Services Group. John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.Commercial Discovery LeaderP&G VenturesBetsy Bluestone is the Commercial Discovery Leader for P&G Ventures, an internal startup studio that works with entrepreneurs to create brands in new business categories for P&G. She has over 20+ years of sales and brand management experience within P&G. Betsy is an experienced business leader who has a track record of success across channels, geographies, billion-dollar brands, start-ups, and acquisitions. Within P&G Ventures she works with some of the world's most innovative thinkers, scientists, digital marketers, and entrepreneurs.CEOBeauteaniArpeeta Oberai is the founder of Beauteani, an indie beauty-wellness brand that combines the innate vitality of self-care with super-potent beautyTM products — ingestible herbal teas and topical facial masks — that invite self-love rituals and create a more holistic lifestyle. She combined her years of experience in merchandise operations for Sephora with her roots in India to harness the superpowers of ancient herbal remedies and the undeniable power of taking care of yourself holistically for a completely new beauty — and life — experience. Her mission is to give you the fuel to ignite your best self, inside and out, because she believes nothing is more beautiful or powerful than authenticity. Arpeeta earned her B.S. in economics from Santa Clara University.President and Co-FounderOctane AIBen Parr is President and Co-Founder of Octane AI, a platform to fuel brand growth and personalization. Octane AI powers engaging quizzes, data collection, and personalized Messenger and SMS automation. Ben is the author of "Captivology: The Science of Capturing People's Attention" and a board director of the non-profit Samasource. Previously, Ben was the Co-Editor of Mashable, a columnist for CNET, and a venture capitalist. He has sat on the advisor boards of Lufthansa Airlines and various startups. He is a member of Forbes 30 Under 30.General PartnerInventus Capital PartnersManu brings deep experience building digital consumer and enterprise software businesses. As a General Partner at Inventus, Manu has worked with the founders at Poshmark (IPO), Vivu (ACQ: Polycom), Dhingana (ACQ: rd.io), Genwi (ACQ: Persistent), Credit Sesame, Talview, Stepfunction and many more. Manu is also on the board of Excelerate.it, an organization dedicated to helping growth ready enterprise startups scale by connecting Founders with customers and strategic partners across the globe Prior to joining Inventus, Manu built several successful digital consumer businesses for Google shortly after its IPO, then joined the founders at LoLapps to build a successful social gaming company, and was VP of Products at NewsCorp’s Digital Division. He started his career in the product group at AHWY (IPO). Manu holds a B.S. from Boston University and a joint MBA from Columbia Business School & The Walter Haas School of Business, Berkeley. He is a regular guest lecturer at Berkeley on the topic of entrepreneurship and Startup growth scaling.Co-founder & SVP of EngineeringPoshmarkChetan Pungaliya is the co-founder and Senior Vice President of Engineering at Poshmark, where he brings more than 15 years experience building and leading engineering teams from the ground up, as well as hands-on platform development. Prior to Poshmark, Chetan was co-founder and Vice President of Engineering at Kaboodle, where he oversaw product delivery, operations and strategy, and also recruited and scaled the engineering and operations teams in the U.S. and India. Prior to Kaboodle, Chetan was the Director of Engineering at OnVantage, Inc. where he managed a distributed engineering team of 50+ employees across the U.S. and China. Chetan holds a B.A. in Engineering from the University of Pune, India.
10:40 am – 11:10 am PDT
- 20 mins Hall CSpeakersVP Corporate StrategySiemensAs VP Corporate Strategy for Siemens' Factory Automation business unit, Sam is responsible for executing the company’s digitalization vision and evolution of the Industrial shop floor. One of the original pioneers of edge computing, at the age of 23 Sam founded and grew his edge computing startup Pixeom to over $25M in annual revenue, 100+ employees, and 60+ Fortune 500 enterprise customers. He assumed his current position following Pixeom's acquisition by Siemens in 2019, after 6 years of growing the startup.Gary Oliver (Moderator)CEOExcelerateGary Oliver has over 30 years’ experience building early stage, mid-size and global technology companies. Gary currently serves as CEO of Excelerate which was created to bridge the gap between innovators looking to scale and enterprises looking for game changing innovation. Excelerate selects the most promising scale ready startups and helps them prepare for and access global markets and strategic partnerships. Through a worldwide network of corporate leaders, advisors and mentors, Excelerate facilitates highly curated connections to accelerate revenue, strategic partnerships and scale.Gary is a graduate of UCLA and serves on multiple company and non-profit boards.Co-Founder and Former CEOPunchhShyam Rao is the Co-founder and CEO of Punchh, which was recently acquired for $500M by Par Technology Corporation, a leading global provider of restaurant technology. Punchh delivers dynamic, one-to-one customer engagement through data-driven, omnichannel loyalty, offers, and customer engagement for restaurants, c-stores, and other retailers. Shyam holds a degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Toronto and a MBA from the University of Chicago.
11:10 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall CSpeakersManaging Partner and FounderChugh LLPMr. Chugh has extensive experience in a wide variety of Corporate, Tax, Immigration, Litigation and Mergers & Acquisition matters. He is an attorney (1992) and a Certified Public Accountant (1990). He was the first president of the North American South Asian Bar Association (2003), a co-founder of The Indus Entrepreneurs Southern California (1997), Founder President of the South Asian Bar Association of Southern California (1995), the Indian Professionals Toastmasters Club (1986), the International Indian Bar Association and Chairman of the Board of Premier Media, Inc., a publishing company based in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Chugh is also on the board of Asia Society of Southern California, Habib American Bank, Ignify – an IT Consulting Firm, Pratham Southern California, and American India Foundation (AIF).Managing DirectorAllied AdvisersGaurav started Allied Advisers to serve entrepreneurs and investors globally. Gaurav began his career as an engineer and management professional before moving to Investment Banking. He has closed more than 50 transactions (M&A, Financings including structured debt and PE / VC raises, Recapitalization, Strategic Alliances and Divestitures, IPO and Follow-On for clients domestically and in Canada, Europe, Israel and India.) Prior to starting Allied Advisers, Gaurav was a Managing Director at Capstone Headwaters and Pagemill Partners / Duff & Phelps Securities. Previously, Gaurav worked as an investment banker at Banc of America Securities. Gaurav holds an MS in engineering from UCLA where he attended engineering school on a full research fellowship. He also got an MBA from the Anderson School of Management at UCLA while working full-time from where he graduated with Anderson Honors.Naeem Zafar (Moderator)Co-Founder and CEOTelesenseNaeem Zafar has been teaching at the University of California, Berkeley since 2005. He is a Dean's Teaching Fellow, lecturer and Industry Fellow at the at the Center of Entrepreneurship and Technology. He is also an adjunct professor at the Northeastern University. He teaches courses in Entrepreneurship, Technology Strategy, Innovation and New Venture Finance. Naeem is also a serial entrepreneur and currently the co-founder and CEO of TeleSense, a company creating solution in AgTech space. Naeem has authored five books on entrepreneurship. Information can be found on www.NaeemZafar.com.Attorney at LawStevens Law GroupDave Stevens’ is an expert in helping companies develop IP programs, strategies and policies to protect a companies IP assets. His unique approach focuses companies on a wholistic approach to build IP portfolios as strategic assets. His IP practice includes a large team of world renowned industry experts in patent prosecution, transactions, due diligence work, agreements, opinions (including validity, infringement, patentability, right-to-practice (RTP) and freedom-to-operate (FTO) opinions), counseling, offensive and defensive patent strategies, licensing, and litigation. He also serves as an expert witness in technical and intellectual property legal issues and has been called as a fact witness in enforcement actions involving the many patents he has written. He also is an expert in copyright (including software, publications, products and artworks, and other copyrightable forms) and open source issues. He works with foreign IP firms and foreign clients with respect to domestic and international patent prosecution, including prosecution under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). The technical focus of his practice includes electronics, computer technology, automotive technology, communications, optical systems, green technologies, software, semiconductors, life sciences, and mechanical devices.
- 20 mins Hall CSpeakersPaul Singh (Moderator)CROTada Cognitive SolutionsR. Paul Singh is a serial entrepreneur with 4 successful exits with one company going public. He is an advisor to many startups and is also the CRO of Tada Cognitive; a supply chain software company. Paul is also a Google Startup Mentor and is also an adjunct professor of entrepreneurship at UC Berkeley and Northeastern University.CEOSECURITI.aiRehan Jalil is an Entrepreneur, Investor and Limited Partner in technology venture funds. Currently, he is the President, Founder and CEO of SECURITI.ai, the Cloud Services Security Company. He has been Venture Advisor at Mayfield Fund. Rehan Jalil is currently the CEO of SECURITI.ai. He was the SVP and GM for Cloud Security at Symantec,leading research and development for Cloud Security and helping to extend the reach of Symantec enterprise security products to cloud. Rehan came into Symantec with $4.7B acquisition of Bluecoat, where he ran cloud security. He came into BlueCoat via the $280M acquisition of Elastica, that he founded and ran as CEO. Elastica innovated CASB and drove it to become an important security category. Prior to that he was the founder and chief executive officer of WiChours, an innovator in deep packet inspection centered packet core, which was used to deploy some of the earliest 4G networks. WiChorus was acquired by Tellabs for $180M. Previously, he was Chief Architect at Aperto and helped innovate multicore processors at Sun Microsystems. He was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur finalist in 2010 and Top 25 Disruptor in 2015. He holds an AMP from Harvard Business School, an MSEE from Purdue University and a BS from NED University.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am PDT
9:30 am – 10:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersCo-Managing PartnerThe Rise FundMaya Chorengel is Co-Managing Partner of The Rise Fund and the fund’s Sector Lead for Financial Services. She has been with TPG since 2017 and is based in San Francisco. Maya has over two decades of impact investing and private equity experience, and is a co-Founder of Elevar Equity, a leading impact venture firm, and earlier was with Warburg Pincus in Hong Kong, Menlo Park, and New York. Maya has a BA from Harvard College and an MBA from Harvard Business School. She is on the boards of EverFi, Globokasnet, Kiva, Nithio, and Varo Money, and is an advisor to several impact investing initiatives and organizations.Head, Philanthropy Management and President, Global Impact Funding TrustMorgan StanleyMelanie Schnoll Begun is Managing Director and Head of Wealth Management’s Philanthropy Management group. She works with the firm’s most influential clients to focus, support, and scale their philanthropic endeavors. In addition to spearheading Philanthropic Consulting Services, Melanie launched and oversees the Morgan Stanley Global Impact Funding Trust (GIFT), the firm’s global Donor-Advised Fund, and Foundation Management Services, a platform for family and corporate foundations. Melanie exemplifies her professional work by living a life of committed action: She is the Nominating Chair and a former board president of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation New York City chapter, President of Morgan Stanley GIFT, and Co-Chair of Inwood Charities, among other roles. She holds a BA from Binghamton University and a JD from Quinnipiac University School of Law.
10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersPartnerC4D Partners
Arvind has been associated with C4D Partners since 2014. Over the last 7 years, he has grown the business significantly in India through 13 portfolio investments made so far along with follow on investments in select companies and an exit.
Arvind comes with 15+ years’ extensive experience in Private Equity, Private Equity Fund of Funds, Hedge Fund of Funds valuation and due diligence for global PE/HF managers and has international experience of working with teams across Europe, US, Middle East and Asia (offshore as well as onshore). In the past, Arvind has worked with companies like Abu Dhabi Capital Management (Abu Dhabi), Goldman Sachs (India/New York) and Evalueserve India Pvt Ltd. (India), with global deals of up to USD 1 billion. He has rich experience in Alternative Assets Management, Portfolio Analytics and Reporting and Product & Business Development. He has played an instrumental role in setting up the Alternative Investment and Manager Selection business in India for Goldman Sachs and Private Equity Secondary business (managed a fund of USD 50 million) for Abu Dhabi Capital Management.
Arvind holds an MBA in Finance and Marketing and has received bachelor’s degree in commerce from Kolkata University.Director/Founder3iPartnersKumar Ganapathy is a serial entrepreneur, angel investor and founder of Enterprise Labs, a startup "foundry" focused on the Enterprise Cloud infrastructure in Silicon Valley. As part of Enterprise Labs, he is currently the CEO of Akridata (Edge Data platform), and on the boards of PrimaryIO, Ampool, and Deepvision. Kumar is an active angel investor especially for impact startups working to drive societal change through entrepreneurship. He is currently a Director and founder of 3iPartners, an early stage impact fund that invests in promising social entrepreneurs in India in areas of Agriculture, Livelihood, Education and Healthcare. Kumar has founded two successful start-ups over the past 20 years across Telecom and Enterprise IT infrastructure : (a) VxTel (acquired by Intel for $550M), and (b) Virident (acquired by Western Digital for $685M). Prior to his entrepreneurial career, Kumar was Principal Engineer and Fellow of Conexant and Rockwell Semiconductor. Kumar has received his Ph.D from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC), MS from University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology at Chennai. He is the recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award from IIT Madras, Fellow of Conexant/Rockwell, and Siemens Gold medal winner at IIT. Kumar has over 75 patents and 12 technical publications.Mahesh Kanumury (Moderator)Managing DirectorArivali Partners
Mahesh Kanumury has over 20 plus years of experience in venture capital, management consulting and operating experience. He is the Managing Director & Founder of Arivali Partners where he provides investment and advisory services to social enterprises. He was the General Partner at a $260M early stage venture capital fund based out of the Silicon Valley where he invested and successfully nurtured the growth and successful exit of several technology companies. He also worked at McKinsey in the US and India where he led a number of high-impact initiatives at the CXO level.
Prior to McKinsey, he worked at Schlumberger Technologies and Research where he led large scale software development efforts. He is Independent Director on the Board of Caspian Impact Investments Private Limited and also Director on the Board of Basix Sub-K Itransactions Limited. He holds MBA Degree from Harvard Business School, an MS in Engineering from Purdue University and BS in Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai.Co-Founder and Managing DirectorUnitus CapitalAbhijit has over 28 years of diverse experience in development finance, commercial banking and microfinance. At Unitus Capital, Abhijit played a key role in developing and building the firm's business, particularly in the financial inclusion sector Previously, Abhijit was an AGM with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), where he led SIDBI's transformational role in the Indian Microfinance space. Abhijit started his career with the State Bank of India (SBI), where he worked in a variety of business areas in six different locations within India. Abhijit has co-authored articles on microfinance and impact investing in international journals and is regularly quoted in leading national dailies in India. Abhijit has a Bachelors degree in Economics from Kolkata University and is a Certified Associate of IIBF, Mumbai. He has also attended the School of Applied Microfinance Program in Kenya and the Program on Strategic Leadership for Microfinance at the Harvard Business School. Abhijit has a passion for sports and loves to play whenever the gets time. His favorite sports are Cricket, football, badminton and table tennis.
10:30 am – 11:15 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersFounder and CEO1BridgeMadan is a social entrepreneur working at the intersection of transforming youth, enabling entrepreneurial journeys & empowering social changemakers. Madan founded 1Bridge in 2014 with a vision of transforming rural youth to be entrepreneurs. Today, 1Bridge is present in 70+ districts across South & East India and has over 6000+ rural entrepreneurs engaged in delivering services to rural consumers. Before 1Bridge, Madan co-founded MeritTrac, India's first skill assessment company. Madan has co-founded Head Held High Foundation, a non-profit that stands for human dignity, as well as Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME), a network that aims to catalyse large-scale job creation. He is the co-founder of Sylvant Advisors, an ed-tech investor. He also serves as Strategy Advisor to UNICEF India for a youth empowerment initiative- YuWaah. He is the President of TiE Bangalore. As a part of the Governing Council of #CovidActionCollab, he plays an active role in driving the economic resilience impact canvas for the Collaborative. He is an Advisory Board Member of Youth for Seva . Madan is a sought-after speaker at various conferences around the world and has shared his innovative ideas & thoughts at prestigious forums like TEDxIIM Bangalore, TEDxGateway, INK Conference, etc. In January 2021, he was conferred the Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award by India CSR Network. He was also invited by Prime Minister Modi to share his ideas at the Champions of Change Conclave in 2017.CEOPeopleShoresMickey is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PeopleShores, which is a Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) focused on Impact Sourcing. He has over 35 years of global experience in helping companies achieve improved performance in IT and business process areas by focusing on business strategy, operating model transformation, service integration and continuous improvement. Mickey started his career working for the pioneer in outsourcing services, Electronic Data Systems, which was founded by Ross Perot. Mickey's international profile is highlighted by living and working throughout Asia Pacific for 13 years. He moved to Hong Kong in 1996 where he was responsible for EDS's Asia Pacific financial industry practice for IT services outsourcing. He also served as the primary leader for EDS Country Managers in eleven different countries to help them establish and build their business and deliver to their clients. Mickey left EDS to join Ernst & Young (EY) as a US Partner, still based in Asia Pacific, as the leader of their Asia Pacific business process services practice. Before leaving Asia Pacific, Mickey worked for Accenture leading IT application outsourcing and then co-founded and established a business process outsourcing company based in Hong Kong. Since returning to the U.S., Mickey has worked for PWC (outsourcing consulting), Travelport (IT offshore large-scale transition) and had returned to EY before joining PeopleShores last year. Mickey received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Stephen F. Austin University in Texas.CEODreamStart LabsWes has 20+ years experience building and growing successful technology companies. Prior to co-founding DreamStart Labs, he served as a senior executive and board member at several large public tech companies and fast-growing startups. Wes is a frequent industry speaker and was voted & Top Executive Leader in Silicon Valley by the San Francisco Bay Area News Group in 2010. He also lead an award-winning micro-finance institution in West Africa, where he helped hundreds of entrepreneurs access affordable loans to start small businesses.CEOLabourNetGayathri Vasudevan cofounded LabourNet in 2006 with a vision to improve the real income of individuals in the informal sector through sustainable intervention with education, employability and entrepreneurship. Vasudevan has a doctorate in development studies and more than two decades of experience in both national and international organizations. She has been extensively involved in policy issues and community mobilizations relating to livelihoods. She's published in the areas of labor and employment and gender issues. Between 1999 and 2007, Vasudevan worked for the International Labour Organization, a United Nations agency. She was cited as one of the top 50 women in business by Business Today and "Entrepreneur of the Year in Social Business Category" by Forbes India in 2018.Sahej Suri (Moderator)InvestorThe Rise FundSahej is an investor at The Rise Fund, the world’s largest impact investing firm managed by TPG. He invests across education, financial services, healthcare, food & agriculture and energy/climate. He is a board observer of InStride, RefleXion and Nithio. Prior to TPG, Sahej was an investment banker at J.P. Morgan. Sahej earned a B.S. from the Leonard N. Stern School of Business at New York University.
11:15 am – 11:45 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall DSpeakersWes Wasson (Moderator)CEODreamStart LabsWes has 20+ years experience building and growing successful technology companies. Prior to co-founding DreamStart Labs, he served as a senior executive and board member at several large public tech companies and fast-growing startups. Wes is a frequent industry speaker and was voted Top Executive Leader in Silicon Valley by the San Francisco Bay Area News Group in 2010. He also lead an award-winning micro-finance institution in West Africa, where he helped hundreds of entrepreneurs access affordable loans to start small businesses.G.M. SustainabilityMicrosoftAt Microsoft, Anand is the General Manager, Cloud Supply Chain Sustainability. His group focuses on innovations across the supply chain in support of Microsoft’s commitment to a sustainable, carbon negative future. Previously he was the Managing Director, Asset Recovery at Sims Recycling Solutions. Offering an unparalleled range of services globally, Sims Recycling Solutions is the world's leading electric and electronic asset disposition and recycling company. Anand is also co-founder of Voxiva, Inc., a leading provider of mobile health services, and served on its Board of Directors. Voxiva was recognized by Fast Company as one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world. Anand was also the founding Chief Technology Officer of j2 Global Communications, a leading global cloud services provider (Nasdaq: JCOM), serving several million customers through a network across 50 countries. Prior to j2, he worked with IBM, at the Thomas J. Watson Research Center, New York on various innovations in information and communication systems. Anand has numerous patents, publications and innovations in various applications of Information technology, Communications, Healthcare services, Business and Consumer cloud services, and has advised many global organizations on various aspects of technology, markets, strategy and sustainability. Anand has served on various non-profit boards and advisories, including the Grameen Foundation, and the Simha Foundation, focusing on issues related to poverty alleviation, education, health and environmental issues in underserved communitiesSr. Manager , Global Community AffairsAMDFounderMagnify Impact
A skilled strategist, Hannah has 22 years of experience that includes leading corporate social responsibility for global companies. As co-founder and Chief Optimist for social impact consulting firm, Magnify Impact, she collaborates with business leaders to create positive impact that drives profitability. Hannah led the creation of an impact collaborative of 80+ corporations in Austin, Texas, and serves as an advisor to several nonprofit organizations. Hannah speaks regularly to corporate audiences and is co-author of Magnify Your Impact: Powering Profit with Purpose, ForbesBooks, Summer 2021.Vice President, Public AffairsLevi Strauss & Co.Anna Walker is the vice president, public affairs at Levi Strauss & Co., supporting LS&Co's business strategy and strengthening the company's reputation by anticipating and shaping external public policy and stakeholder initiatives. Anna also leads LS&Co's community affairs program, developing strategy for community grants and employee giving and volunteerism programs globally. Anna is the vice chair of board of the U.S. Fashion Industry Association and is a member of the Levi Strauss Foundation Board. She has a masters from Johns Hopkins University Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies and bachelors of arts degrees from the University of California, Davis.Sr. Vice President, Sanmina/ Co-chair Ideal Village conferenceSanmina
Sundar Kamath is senior VP and CTO of Sanmina Corporation, a Silicon Valley company specializing in integrated systems design & manufacturing solutions, with presence in 22 countries. Dr. Kamath previously held technology development and product management positions at IBM Microelectronics in New York. He received his PhD in Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
For the past 6 years, he has been working on the Ideal Village project, which promotes collaboration among NGOs, corporates, academic institutions and social impact programs, with an emphasis on holistic solutions for rural communities to address basic needs in clean water, healthcare, education, energy, sanitation and livelihoods. He is a co-organizer with Dr. KJS Anand of the global Ideal Village conference held annually at Stanford University since 2016. This conference serves as a collaboration forum with a focused theme each year, including Collaboration (2016), Innovation (2017), Women Empowerment (2018), Corporate Social Responsibility (2019), and Sustainability during the Pandemic (2020).
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersSr. Vice PresidentCisco
Tae Yoo leads Cisco's social investments and stewards CSR and sustainability across the business. Ms. Yoo drives a strategy that engages public-private partnerships and leverages Cisco's business, technical, and financial assets for inclusive growth and social impact in communities around the world. Corporate Affairs has committed to positively impact 1 billon people by 2025. Under Ms. Yoo's leadership, Cisco has already impacted 527 million, primarily through its strategic social investments and efforts to catalyze an entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports progress and inclusive growth. Corporate Affairs also invests in developing digital skills and creating positive change in education and workforce development.President/ChairmanSparta Group LLCGururaj "Desh" Deshpande is President and Chairman, Sparta Group LLC Dr. Deshpande founded Cascade Communications and Sycamore Networks and has chaired and funded several other companies. Deshpande is a life-member of the MIT Corporation. The Deshpande Foundation supports Social entrepreneurship and provided the founding grant for NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps) and Deshpande Center at MIT. Deshpande holds a B. Tech. from Indian IIIT-Madras, M.E. from the University of New Brunswick, Canada, and Ph.D. from Queens University, Canada. Deshpande co-chaired the National Council to support President Obama's innovation and entrepreneurship strategy from 2010 to 2015.
- 9:00 am – 9:20 am PDT
9:20 am – 9:35 am PDT
- 20 mins Hall DSpeakersFounderInnov8 Coworking
Forbes 30 under 30 Asia, Fortune 40 under 40 India, PWC & SPH 40 Influential Indians, Business World 40 Under 40, St. Gallens Leadership Award (Switzerland), Entrepreneur Magazine 35 Under 35 India, Hurun Report Star of Delhi Awardee, Elite Magazine most influential entrepreneur awardee
Dr Ritesh Malik is a medical graduate who took a detour from conventional medicine to follow his passion for Entrepreneurship. In 2016, Ritesh started a coworking platform called Innov8. A venture which started with Ritesh's sheer love and thirst to promote entrepreneurship in the country, is now one the leading names in coworking ecosystem of India.
Innov8, a Y-combinator backed coworking space is a platform to connect communities of freelancers, entrepreneurs, corporates, tech innovators and investors under one roof and in a social environment. Innov8 was sold to Softbank backed OYO in 2019. Today, Innov8 is India’s second largest coworking space impacting thousands of entrepreneurs, freelancers & enterprises to achieve zenith productivity. Ritesh has been one of the most active angel investors in the country, He has invested in more than 40+ companies in last 6 years under Project Guerrilla.
After being a part of Y-combinator, Ritesh is also an investor in a San Francisco based fund, which has helped him to work with some of most innovative startups globally. Wittyfeed, Sarva Yoga, Sheroes, Sattviko, Josh Talks, PeeSafe, SectorQube, OpenTalks, Inc42, Greenberry, QDesk, Leverage Edu, CivilCops, Pesto, OrangeWood (YC), Inito (YC), Pumpkart, Dockabl, StylDotMe, TapChief, Asimov Robotics, Addodoc (Sheroes), MyChild, Ketto, SectorQube, Exploride are some of the companies as a part of his investment portfolio.
Ritesh started his entrepreneurial journey back in 2012 with an augmented reality start-up called Adstuck, who’s flagship product Alive, was built, operated & transferred to Bennett & Coleman (Times of India). Ritesh's leadership and contribution to the Indian startup ecosystem is widely recognized by the startup industry and media fraternity with recognitions like Forbes 30 under 30 Asia (2016), Fortune 40 under 40 India (2018), PWC & SPH 40 Influential Indians, Business World 40 Under 40 (2017), St. Gallens Leadership Award (Switzerland), Entrepreneur Magazine 35 Under 35 India (2017), Star of Delhi award by Hurun Report, CEO of the year by Economic Times, & "The Coworking Wonder" title by Entrepreneur Magazine to name a few. He has also been featured on the cover of the Elite Magazine for the month of May 2019. He also actively collaborates with the Government of India to help build college entrepreneurship ecosystem in the country.
9:30 am – 9:45 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall DSpeakersBitcoin Protocol EngineerOKCoin & BitMEXAmiti Uttarwar is a Bitcoin Core contributor currently co-sponsored by OKCoin and BitMEX. She focuses on the peer-to-peer layer, improving privacy, testing, and robustness. She is passionate about the potential for Bitcoin to redefine our societal ideas of wealth due to its global and inclusive nature. Named one of Forbes 30 under 30, Amiti promotes technical education and community involvement through speaking engagements, presentations, and her original creation, The Bitcoin Zine. Her other interests include off-trail backpacking, ice climbing, yoga and meditation.
9:45 am – 10:15 am PDT
- 15 minsSpeakersCo-founderSustainable- ChoiceAryan Gupta (He/Him) is a Co-Founder of Sustainable-Choice. He currently attends TIDE Academy in Menlo Park, California, as a sophomore. Aryan comes from a very diverse background; he was born in Sydney, Australia, later moved to Dubai, and then moved to Bay Area, California. He loves exploring and being around nature. That is why he created Sustainable-Choice to advocate for saving this planet.FounderANTEIn fifth grade, I started my first business selling bookmarks, but at the same time, I was homeless. I remember being cold and alone outside while it was raining. All I had on was a grey hoodie and some khaki shorts. I made a promise to myself that I was going to be the greatest entrepreneur ever and that I was going to get a full ride to college and learn all I could about business. Currently, I am in my final semester at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. I will graduate debt-free in May. At UNC, I have had the opportunity to Study Abroad, Intern in San Francisco, and I was able to start the business I currently work on my tech startup ANTE.
10:15 am – 10:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersSuperintendent of SchoolsPleasanton Unified School DistrictDirector of Activator GrowthSheEO™Nonresident FellowAtlantic Council GeoTech CenterReena Gupta (Moderator)Founder and CEOMom Relaunch
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall DSpeakersPresidentAvion NetworksCo Founder & COOBreerLearning to Unlearn. I am a born leader and a Changemaker in Progress. A diligent and enthusiastic individual, currently on the outlook for Internships in the field of Consulting and Entrepreneurship, having a keen interest in the innovation and consultancy sector. I am a hardworking, dedicated and confident person; currently studying BBA - Management at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. I believe that it is most important to constantly learn from one's mistakes since learning is a work in progress. I will always look at evolving as a person as one of my major life objectives, as evolution and excellence go hand-in-hand.Co-Founder and Partner11-11 VenturesCo-Founder & Partner, 11-11 Ventures -- investor relations and operations of venture capital in early stage technology companies run by the best entrepreneurial minds in the world Board Member and Past President, TiE Atlanta -- executive leadership of top five chapter of a non-profit that fosters entrepreneurship globally through networking, education, mentoring, and investing Co-Chair of the TiE University global initiative Co-Founder & Former Principal, Element Funding -- strategic planning, finance and accounting, human capital, IT Executive VP, HomeBanc Mortgage Corporation -- sales, business development, and HR VP, Moore USA (now part of R.R. Donnelly) -- general manager President, LPI Enterprises Multiple sales and sales support roles at Xerox Corporation Field and HQ roles at IBM Corporation Faculty member at business schools of California State Univ & Louisiana Tech Univ Specialties: General management, business development, new business startup, HR, finance and revenue/expense management, non-profit boardsCEO, Monsoon & Co-FounderMoicaI am a startup Jill-of-All-Trades, having held executive and/or founding roles at seven entrepreneurial ventures. I have held leadership roles across a broad array of functions including marketing, partner/developer ecosystems, strategic alliances, product & project management, IP licensing, sales operations, HR, finance, M&A, and fundraising. Strong individual contributor and personnel manager, willing to get hands dirty to get the job done efficiently. Specialties: marketing, strategic alliances, fundraising, business leadership, high-touch sales, mergers and acquisitions, minority equity investments, IP licensing, strategic planning, project management Industry Experience: eCommerce, mobile, blockchain, semiconductor, govtech, GIS, enterprise software, SaaS, legal cannabis/hemp, venture capital, M&ASocial EntrepreneurOff Grid Technologies, IncI caught the entrepreneurship bug when I was ten years old. My company was called iTutor and I taught senior citizens how to use their Apple devices. I identified a gap in the market, shared my skills, and earned $20 on my first day. I’ve been hooked ever since. These days, I'm a social entrepreneur who believes every venture is an opportunity to serve a broader purpose. I'm a driven, inquisitive, outgoing self-starter with a passion for learning and inventing. I find unique solutions to real-world problems and have innovated in various fields including portable charging, peer-to-peer tutoring, biotechnology, online education, and water leak detectors. My interests include FRC robotics (The Agency 3021), debate (Classical MP in Policy Debate), trivia (Academic League), investment (Young Investors Club), and programming (USACO). When I'm not thinking about the next billion-dollar idea, you’ll find me playing chess, caring for foster kittens, or laughing with friends.Reena Gupta (Moderator)Founder and CEOMom Relaunch
11:05 am – 11:15 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersManaging PartnerSoGal VenturesElizabeth Galbut is a venture capitalist, designer, professor, and philanthropist. Elizabeth is Managing Partner of SoGal Ventures, the first female-led millennial venture capital firm, which invests in diverse founding teams in the US and Asia. With over 90 investments to date, she is actively seeking to back exceptional startups revolutionizing how the next generations live, work, and stay healthy. Elizabeth has been recognized as Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Most Powerful Women, Forbes 30 Under 30, JPMorgan’s Diversity Champion, and NYC’s 33 Under 33 top innovators.Co-Founder and PresidentThe Greater Good InitiativeTarina Ahuja is a freshman at Harvard and the the Co-Founder and Executive Director of the nonprofit Young Khalsa Girls, a grassroots organization founded in 2012 with a mission of empowering young girls to serve their communities through selfless service and advocacy. She is also the co-founder and president of The Greater Good Initiative , a youth-led policy think-tank writing and advocating for policy at the local, state, and federal levels. She is the youth ambassador for the National Democratic Institute’s and Running Start’s DISRUPTHER program, an initiative envisioned to increase women’s political participation around the world.Founding DirectorGirlScript FoundationAnubha is a young entrepreneur, founder of GirlScript Foundation. Her organization has impacted 5,00,000 beginners with tech education and employability skills in 14+ countries across the globe. Currently, the organization has 13 programs catering to slum children to working professionals. She has been globally recognized in Forbes Asia Under 30 List for Social Entrepreneurship Category 2020, Society of Women Engineers Magazine 2020, Top 8 Technology Playmaker Awards by Booking.com at London UK, Elastic Search Cause Awards at Sydney Australia, Fellow at Rajeev Circle Fellowship, and Indian Women Leadership Excellence Award. She is a speaker at events like Tedx, Pycon North America, Microsoft Build, etc., and Jury at Smart India Hackathon 2020.Stanford GSB | Investor | Responsible AIGovt Of IndiaStanford GSB | Investor | Responsible AI (Gov of India) | WEF C4IR's AI4AI | Intel All.ai & INAI | ex-Hemp & Cannabis Founder | 3x Exits | Social Impact & Enterprise | Forbes 30u30, Ashoka Fellow, RajeevCircle Co-ChairImpact Investor, Tech NonProfit and Impact StrategyPalo AltoI am interested in effective strategies that empower under-resourced and disenfranchised communities. Having worked in Silicon Valley Tech Sector as an Engineer, Marketer, Product Manager for many years, I am now involved in Impact investing and non-profit grant-making with Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund, Fast Forward as well as independent investing.
11:15 am – 11:20 am PDT
- 10 mins Hall DSpeakersCo-Founder & COOVetsark LimitedBlessing Mene's purpose is to help people prosper financially. He is a social innovator, creative entrepreneur, and resilient leader. Blessing has a background in agriculture, social entrepreneurship, and economic development. Blessing is the author of "The Winning Streak", a life-changing book for young social innovators looking to develop clarity, raise capital, and sustainably grow their enterprises. Blessing is an Ashoka Fellow, Global Good Fund Fellow, and 2020 Goalkeepers Rebuilder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He serves as the CEO of Vetsark, a social enterprise with a vision to transform agriculture in Africa. Vetsark won the Google Impact Challenge Public Choice Prize for its impact in safeguarding animal health for farmers and the general public.Director and Chief Operating OfficerVetsark LimitedCynthia has over six (6) years work and leadership experience as an international development practitioner; deploying her skills as a program design, management & innovation specialist, and entrepreneurship and leadership development consultant within the nonprofit, enterprise and social sector. As a Social Innovator and advocate for inclusive workforce, She works at the intersection of business, non-profit and development where she designs and implements high impact programs targeted at building the leadership capacity of fast-rising organizations by accelerating the talents of young business professionals, recent graduates and non-profit leaders for career success. Cynthia has acquired an expansive experience in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting inclusive human capital development programs funded by the U.S. government (U.S. Embassy, Nigeria), USADF, USAID, Ashoka, and other donors focused on improving job access and economic empowerment of young people in Africa. Cynthia is the co-founder and CEO of Inspire Africa for Global Impacts Initiative, a non-profit delivering entrepreneurial leadership education to African youth. She sold her first venture--a biodegradable, non-toxic soap business called EverGlow--in 2015 and subsequently launched the Kadosh Production Company, a sustainable cassava processing facility that empowered 300 female farmers to mechanically process and package crops, increasing yields and income by 30%. Cynthia consults with mission-driven organizations to facilitate innovative, inclusive, and results-oriented CSR programs and builds on a vast experience and knowledge of best practices in program design to develop and deploy tailored approaches that ensure effective program results.
11:20 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 05 minsSpeakersStudentIndus International SchoolNavya Mukesh Agarwal, a social entrepreneur and student of Grade 11, has combined her passion for visual art, history and public policy to reach out to marginalised sections of society. Deeply aware of the significance of art as a form of empowerment, Navya founded the non-profit organization Project Limitless with an objective to uplift marginalized communities, through collective wall murals. Over the course of 3 years, she has built a network of 250+ volunteers, working to create murals in locations such as sex-trafficking, rescue homes, and juvenile detention centers. She has also published ‘Art of the Good Fight’, an illustrated novel that applies ancient military principles to dissect Indian societal injustices. The book also featured at the prestigious Jaipur Literature Festival. For her consistent efforts as an agent of change, the International Baccalaureate Organisation [IBO] recognised Navya as a MYP Student Innovator in 2020, and awarded her with a $5000 [USD] grant. She was also selected as a volunteer for the UNESCO ‘Art on Walls’ initiative, at the Centre for Learning Disabilities in Rajasthan. Navya attributes her experiences at the Start-up School to an improvement in her entrepreneurial competencies. The Startup School experience has enabled her to identify her personal vision, which not only provides direction on how she can continue to use her art to heal the world, and make a positive impact on society.
- 10 minsSpeakersFounder and Principal, ConsultantNoel & Co.I specialize in helping mission-driven organizations and founders thrive by increasing growth & profitability. My ultimate goal is to create more purpose-driven jobs. The reality is: no money, no mission. Given this, it's my goal to ensure you have the strategy you need to go-to-market. I've been a social entrepreneur for more than eight years and during that time I've helped more than 70 mission-driven organizations and founders develop and improve their marketing and business strategy. As a Marketing Strategist and the Founder and Principal of Noel & Co., a Certified B Corp marketing and strategy consultancy, my expertise lies in helping mission-driven organizations with market research, market positioning, brand development, communications, and developing a go-to-market strategy to grow their triple bottom line. To support early-stage entrepreneurs, I'm the founder of the Figure Your Sh*t Out (FYSO) Accelerator. FYSO is the first accelerator program for mission-driven founders that focuses on creating a safe space to test their big ideas, hone their business models, and figure their sh*t out, in community. In light of the success of the FYSO Accelerator, I'm also now stepping into the role of an entrepreneurial ecosystem builder. The Noel & Co. team is working to identify opportunities to take the FYSO Accelerator model & apply it to different sectors or spaces (for example: within University settings). We believe that all entrepreneurship should be social entrepreneurship and this model is an impactful way to build entrepreneurial leadership. If we're going to build a more diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem, we need programs like the FYSO Accelerator that create psychological safety, promote collaboration, and give entrepreneurs strategic support and accountability. If you run an entrepreneurial support organization, I'd love to discuss opportunities to collaborate. As a Keynote Speaker, I share with audiences "The Top 5 Lessons to Help you Change the World from 50 People Who Have." I also speak and host workshops on entrepreneurial leadership, marketing to amplify your mission, how to build a values-based personal brand, how to build & grow a mission-driven organization, how to build a world-changing workplace, and balancing purpose & profit to drive world-changing innovation. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to support you!
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 02 Hours
- 30 mins Main StageSpeakersChief Product OfficerCoinbaseSurojit Chatterjee has served as Chief Product Officer at Coinbase since February 2020. From February 2017 to February 2020, Mr. Chatterjee served as Vice President of Product Management for Google Shopping at Google LLC, a multinational technology company and a subsidiary of Alphabet, Inc., a holding company. Mr. Chatterjee served as Senior Vice President and Head of Product at Flipkart Internet Private Limited, an e-commerce company, from October 2015 to February 2017. Prior to Flipkart, Mr. Chatterjee held various positions at Google, including Global Head of Product, Mobile Search Ads and AdSense for Search and Senior Product Manager, Mobile Search Ads, and served as Senior Product Manager at Symantec Corporation. Mr. Chatterjee holds a B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, an M.S. in Computer Science from the State University of New York at Buffalo, and an M.B.A from the MIT Sloan School of Management.Chief Legal OfficerCoinbase Global Inc.Paul Grewal is the Chief Legal Officer of Coinbase Global, Inc. Before joining Coinbase in August 2020, Paul was Vice President and Deputy General Counsel at Facebook. Prior to Facebook, Paul served as United States Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of California. He was appointed by Chief Justice Roberts to the Magistrate Judges Education Committee of the Federal Judicial Center. Paul was previously a partner at Howrey LLP, where his practice focused on intellectual property litigation. Paul served as a law clerk to Federal Circuit Judge Arthur J. Gajarsa and United States District Judge Sam H. Bell. He received his JD from the University of Chicago Law School and his BS in Civil and Environmental Engineering from MIT.
TiEcon 2021 Tracks
- AI & Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
All eyes on the business and human impact of AI
- Cloud & Security
Cloud & Security
Exciting new paradigms in cloud and security with a zero-trust position
Exploring the revolutionary future of entrepreneurship
- TiE Youth
Fostering youth entrepreneurship
- Healthcare Reimagined
Reinventing healthcare in the age of the global pandemic
- Future of Work
Future of Work
Exploring the nature of work, workplace and workforce with the 4th industrial revolution
- Global Connect
Scaling global connectivity post digital transformation
- CXO Forum
The CXO track provides an opportunity for the highest potential startups to interact with their biggest potential customers
- Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion
The Diversity & Inclusion track will focus on generating best practices for harnessing diversity and inclusion to drive innovation today and for the future.
- Social Impact
Dare to Change the World for Good
Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
All eyes on the business and human impact of AI
Cloud & Security
Exciting new paradigms in cloud and security with a zero-trust position
Exploring the revolutionary future of entrepreneurship
Fostering youth entrepreneurship
Reinventing healthcare in the age of the global pandemic
Future of Work
Exploring the nature of work, workplace and workforce with the 4th industrial revolution
Scaling global connectivity post digital transformation
The CXO track provides an opportunity for the highest potential startups to interact with their biggest potential customers
Diversity and Inclusion
The Diversity & Inclusion track will focus on generating best practices for harnessing diversity and inclusion to drive innovation today and for the future.
Dare to Change the World for Good